Chapter 2: The receival

They entered the Great Hall and hurried over to the Gryffindor table to find Hermione sitting between Ginny Weasley and Luna Lovegood, completely absorbed in 'Hogwarts: A History.' As they took their seats across from her, she reluctantly shoved her book back into her bag and looked up at Harry, "Harry, I know that you have other things planned for today, but I think you ought to go to Professor Slughorn and try to get that memory from him. It must be very important to Dumbledore if he asked you to get it."

Harry put down his half-finished toast and began to speak just as there was a loud crash at the front of the hall. Harry immediately rose to his feet and was about to go see what had happened, when Ron, after managing to swallow his food, spoke, " Its just Collin. Probably trying to get a picture of somebody to send home to his parents. Their muggles you see." Harry resumed eating and Hermione gave them both fleeting looks before she buried her nose in her book once more.

It was Sunday and Harry, now the captain of the Gryffindor Quidditch team, had planned to hold trials. As the three of them left the Hall after breakfast, they were stopped by Dennis, Collin's younger brother. "Collin told me to give this to you." he extracted a piece of parchment that Harry recognised as the one Pigwidgion was delivering this morning. " Ron, that's the letter I was telling you about." Hermione looked confused, " Letter, Harry? What letter?"

Harry recounted the story.

"Well Ron open it!" squealed Hermione. Ron hesitated and then finally unrolled the parchment and the three of them put their heads together and began reading.