Chapter 6: Discovered by the enemy

The room beyond the door was dimly lit; a small amount of light was visible through a wooden door. But this was enough; Harry could tell that it was spacious. Harry stepped over the threshold with Ron and Ginny at his heels. He turned to the others, shrugged, and pulled out his wand. “Lumos,” he murmured, and the others mimicked him. He could hear the voices of Fred and George, as well as Hermione’s. With three wand tips glowing in the weak light, they made their way across the room. Just as Ron made to turn the handle, the door flew open with a loud bang and there stood Draco Malfoy, a smirk plastered on his face. Hermione, Fred, George and Neville stood behind; their wands pointed directly at his platinum blond hair, ready to hex him.

“Potter, you and your pathetic friends can never do anything right, now can you?” he sneered. “I was just on my way to inform Professor Snape about the goings-on of tonight.”

“Were you, Malfoy?” questioned Harry hotly.

“He’s a lying old git, Harry,” said Ron furiously, raising his own wand.

“Oh, Harry knows that, and so do we!” shouted Neville from at the back.

“Shut up, Longbottom, or else, you will go the same way as your parents. I’m sure Bellatrix wouldn’t mind finishing off what she started.”

Neville suddenly turned crimson, and pushed his way through to the front, “Expelliarmus!” he cried, and Malloy’s wand soared high into the air. Harry- having the reflexes of a seeker- reached out and caught the wand. Malfoy was astounded and silenced.

“We ought to take him back to where he belongs,” said George, magically binding him.

 “Not before we practiced a few of our Transfiguration charms on him. I say he’ll make a good toad, as did he that ferret.” laughed Fred.

They all roared with laughter.

 “Maybe we could use him in our game… after all, where’s the fun without a fellow Slytherin to bring you joy!”

“Wicked” replied the twins in unison.

“Okay. So does everybody know how this game works?” asked George.

“Game?” inquired Ron, Harry, Hermione and Neville surprised.

Ginny was silent.

“Ginny, don’t tell me you knew what these two,” Ron pointed to his favourite siblings, “are up to?”

Ginny looked embarrassed and lowered her eyes, “I heard them planning this thing for months! It's some Truth and Dare Game.”

Ron, the bigger-brother to his only sister, shook his head incredulously and walked over to stand by Hermione.

“Are we going to stand there and watch you two having a go at each other, or are we going to have some fun? Especially now that we have some Slytherin company,” teased Fred, “Let the fun begin.”

The mood lifted and they all took their seats on the floor; Malfoy was shoved up against the wall.

A small, rather delicate blue bottle was placed in the centre of the group, and Fred began the game by pointing his wand at it and murmuring something impossible to hear.

The bottle spun around so quickly it made you dizzy if you kept looking at it.

Finally, after what felt like an hour, it began slowing down, as it slowed down it came to a halt, pointing at Hermione.

“Oohhh! I thought as much,” cheered Fred. “So, Hermione, this is the Wizard Way, Truth or Dare.”