twenty nine

[ a/n: this chapter is kinda triggering ]

josh wasted no time to get out of his house and to the hospital.

"excuse me?" he says receptionist and she looks up. "i'm here for tyler joseph."

"are you family?" she asks.

"boyfriend," josh states. "i'm his boyfriend."

the lady nods and tells josh, "second floor, room 238."

"thank you," josh says and rushes to the elevator.

he reaches the second floor and immediately searches for tyler's room.

after searching for what seemed like years, he finds the room.

josh enters the room and his heart breaks at the sight of a pale, sleeping tyler. there's a woman sitting in a chair that's next to the hospital bed.

"who are you?" the woman asks.

"i'm tyler's boyfriend, josh," the boy says.

the woman stands up and walks over to josh, hugging him. he's extremely confused as the woman sobs.

"thank you," she mumbles. "thank you so much."

"for what?"

the woman pulls away and sits back down. "tyler. he had a rough time with pretty much everything. he was bullied at school and he always underestimated himself. it was so bad that he would harm himseld," she explains. "then one day, tyler came home smiling and started mentioning things about a boy named josh."

"i didn't know who you were but i was happy that my son was finally happy. and it was because of you. i thought his sadness was over. it wasn't though," she continues. "it got worse. one day, i came home and-" the woman breaks out into sobs.

"you don't have to finish, ma'am," josh says.

"no, no. i want to," she says. "i found him on the floor of his bedroom with cuts all over his wrists and pills on the ground. he-he overdosed. he tried to kill himself and i couldn't do anything."

what didn't ty come to me? josh thinks. i could've helped.

"i just want to thank you for making him happy," the woman concludes.

"josh?"

[ a/n: i wrote this at like 2am so it sucks ik ]