Chapter 1

"I'LL BE DOWN IN A MINUTE MOM!!" I yelled to my mom downstairs.

"What was that?" Luke asked. He's my best friend. I've known him since I was two years old and we are pretty much inseparable, that is until he joined the band 5 Seconds of Summer. Since he’s in London, England writing an album right now, the only time we talk is over the phone (late at night for him, and early in the morning for me). 

“Sorry, my mom needs me to go help with breakfast, but it can wait.” I said with a smile on my face.

“If she needs your help, go ahead I’ll-“

“No, No,” I interrupted him. “ It’s fine! So how’s the album coming??

“Pretty good actually! I’m super pumped for you too hear it”

“Yay! I can’t wait. I know it’ll be great!”

“So how’s Adam??” He asked me cautiously. Boyfriends were always a touchy subject for us. He is so protective of me and always wants to make sure I’m seeing the right guy, especially since my last few break-ups, but I honestly think I finally found the right guy.

“He’s perfect! Always romantic and doing cute things to make me smile, he’s gives me butterflies every time we kiss, I think I finally found the one.” I said to Luke excitedly.

“Oh.” He said, but he sounded disappointed. “Just be careful Spenc, I don’t want you getting hurt again.” He warned me. I feel like I have had this talk with him 1000 times, and it’s probably because we have. Every time I go through a breakup he’ll be right there for me. Comforting me in any way he can.

“I know, I know.” I said. “I just can’t wait for you to meet him!! I know you’ll love him! He’s great!”

“I bet he is! I have to go now Spencer, they boys are waiting for me to leave. Talk to you later.” He exclaimed, and kissed into the phone.

“Bye.” I said kissing back. “Love you.”

“Love you too.” He said, hanging up.

“SPENCER ANNE GOODE, GET DOWN HERE RIGHT NOW AND HELP WITH BREAKFEST.” My mom screamed up the stairs.

“Coming.” I mumbled, walking down to the kitchen.

I have 2 siblings. A 13 year old brother named Noah, and a 10 year old sister named Kailee. My mom is a lawyer, actually one of the best, but she is always working and almost never has time for us. She usually leaves the house around 7:00 a.m. and sometimes doesn’t get back until almost 1 in the morning, which really sucks. My dad is a police officer, but he works night shifts, so he sleeps almost all day and then leaves for work just after super. It kinda sucks that both of my parents work all the time because it means that I’m usually in charge.

“My sweetie. I’m off to work.” My mom said walking past. “DON’T FORGET TO GET YOUR BROTHER FROM SOCER AFTER SCHOOL!” I heard just before the front door shut. Sometimes I feel like a teen mom.

“You don’t have to pick me up, I’m going to Jason’s for the night. See you tomorrow.” Noah said as he picked up his backpack and left the house. I would protest since it’s a school night, but it’s not like he would listen any ways.

“Can I go to Grandma’s tonight? Please, please, please, please, pleeeeeeeeease???” Kailee begged me. Hey, why not get rid of both of the kids tonight??

“Sure, go call her to let her know. You can take the bus straight to her house.” I said and with that I went upstairs to get ready for school.

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys! So this is my first story obviously so I dont know how good it is! Im hoping to update at least once a week, depending on how many votes/reads i get! If you like it, tell all your friends, or strangers, or anyone so more people can read it! I know this first one is short i just want to see if anyone will read it, ill make the rest of the chapters longer! Btw my name is Rachel, and im 13 turning 14. My twitter is @raachelwinnger is you wanna follow me and if you dont wanna follow me do it anyways!! byee! xxxx