Chapter 3

In that very second, tears welled up in my eyes. I wanted to go and tell him he was a cheater, and a liar, and a fake, but I couldn’t. I wanted to yell at the girl to get off of him, because he was mine. To tell her she was a slut, and a whore, but I couldn’t. It was like time had frozen and I was being forced to watch my boyfriend kiss another girl. “STOP IT!” I tried to yell. “HE’S MINE AND I LOVE HIM!” I tried again, but nothing was coming out. I wanted to go up to her and slap her because she was on my man, but my feet were glued to the ground. I wanted to go and slap him because he was with a girl, a girl who wasn’t me. I thought I was his “One and only”. I thought he loved me. I started sobbing and fell to the ground, not knowing what else to do. It felt like hours before I heard someone talk again.

“Hey sweetie,” it was Adam’s voice.

“Yes babe?” the skank replied.

“You’re my one and only. I love you.” Adam said. Somehow I got up from my spot on the floor and walked over to him.

“How many times have you used that line?” I spat. Not giving him time to respond I continued. “Just wondering, what does “one and only” mean to you, because I’m pretty sure my definition is a little difference.” With that, I raised my left hand, and slapped him across the face as hard as I could. Then I walked up to the girl and said “You’re the biggest slut I have ever seen. I hope you’re happy with him.”

I walked out of the store pretty happy with myself for standing up to him, but the second I got into my car, I broke down again. I laid my head on the steering wheel and sobbed and sobbed and sobbed. I probably sounded like a whale dying, but I couldn’t help it. How could he do this to me? Suddenly, my phone starts vibrating and Heartbreak Girl starts playing. Great, who’s calling me?

“He-hel-hello?” I stutter.

“Oh my god, Spencer, what’s wrong?” Luke asked worriedly.

Luke’s point of view

“C’mon Michael! We’re going to be late!!” I yelled to him.

“Coming, I’m coming” he mumbled as he walked past me out the door.

In three hours we were supposed to be boarding a plane to Australia, and finally get home, but with the rate we’re going at, we’re going to miss our flight. I quickly locked the door and hoped into the van.

“AUSTRALIA HERE WE COME!” Ashton yelled.

“Yeah, if we get there on time.” Calum mumbled.

It was only a 15 minute drive to the airport luckily, so we made it onto the plane with lots of time to spare. I thought it would be funny if I called Spencer, since she didn’t know we were coming. I dialled her number and waited for her to answer.

“He-hel-hello?” she stuttered.

“Oh my god, Spencer, what’s wrong?” I asked. Oh no, what happened? Is she okay? Did Adam do something?

“Lu-Luke, he, he” was all I heard her say before she started sobbing.

“Baby, Spencer, it’s alright, I’m here, you can talk to me” I tried to calm her down, but I knew it wouldn’t work. Instead of trying to talk to her I just said “When you’re ready, you know I’ll listen.” I knew how to handle this, and it was definitely about Adam. This has happened so many times to her, why can’t stupid boys just realize that she’s not a toy!! They can’t just drop her and move on when they get bored! I would treat her so much better.

“Is everything okay?” Cal asked from beside me, and I just shook my head in response, not wanting Spence to hear me tell him.

I sat in silence listening to Spence sob for what felt like forever, and at one point I started crying myself. It hurt so bad to hear her like this, and the fact that someone would do this to her in the first place made me want to explode. Finally she began telling me what happened.