Chapter 8 (pic of Evan)

Eliana's POV

Liz and I were getting ready to get into the van when I noticed that we were missing someone.  I counted everyone.  Liz, Cory, Caitlynn, Evan... Josiah.  Where was Josiah?  "Cory we are missing someone,"  I said as he got into the car. 

"Who? Josiah!"  He yelled as he got out of the van.  

"I'm coming, I'm coming.  I'm sorry I figured you guys would want food and drinks since no one else thought of it,"  he said climbing up next to me.  Of course, I had the only other spot open.  

"Do you have to sit by me?"  I asked with a smirk. 

"No... I could sit by Liz,"  he said pointing at Evan who he knew would be more than happy to trade spots with him. 

"No... you're fine right here with me,"  I said looking out the window. 

"With you?  Hmm... I really like the thought of that."

"Shut up, Josiah.  We are never going to happen like that!"  I said slapping him.  Cory laughed and Liz and Evan just sat there staring at their phones.  We still had to pick up Caitlynn because she wasn't quite packed, yet. 

"Very well then, I guess if you really think that, then I will let you have your fantasies the way you want them,"  he said with a smirk. 

"Josiah!"  I yelled fighting the urge to punch him where the sun doesn't shine.  Knowing Josiah he would just get turned on from it after it got done hurting.

"You can scream my name all you want, babe,"  he said leaning in to kiss my neck.  

I wanted to tell him to stop but his breath was warm.  He smelled like a mix of mint toothpaste and cologne.  "I told you this would be easy,"  he whispered right before kissing the nape of my neck.  A low moan escaped my mouth, and I hoped no one heard me.  I looked around.  Nope.  No one was paying attention. 

"Not that easy, Casanova,"  I whispered pushing his chest with my hand.  It was very hard and felt like he lifted boulders for a living.  

"You're breathing says differently, princess."

I opened my mouth to say something, but I shut it back up and decided against it.  I knew he could just use it against me.  I turned toward the window and watched as we made our way to Caitlynn's house.  The cabin was in Florida so we had, at least, a 20-hour trip.   That was without breaks.  The trip didn't count as the 7 days at the cabin.  Our trip altogether would be at least a week and a half.  Mom and dad said that they didn't care and we should go and have some fun.  

"Hey, Caitlynn!"  I yelled as she got into the car. 

"Hey, Eli!"  She yelled back enthusiastically.  

I sat back in my seat as Cory started to drive again.  I just wanted to sleep.  I laid my head down on the window, but he vibrating was too much so I couldn't sleep like that.  

"You know my shoulder doesn't bite, right?"  He asked with a smirk.  I looked at him for a while, but I was as too tired to fight so I just laid my head on his shoulder.

"Thanks,"  I mumbled. As I slowly fell asleep.  

Josiah's POV

I watched her as she fell asleep on my shoulder and couldn't help but smile.  She was so beautiful.  Her hair fell perfectly around her face.  She didn't wear any makeup today so I could see her freckles.  She was perfect.  I watched as her chest rose and fell with her breath.  

"Is she asleep?"  Liz asked as she looked at me with a confused look.

"Yes.  What?"  I asked not understanding what she implied with her look.

"I was just thinking, do not hurt her or I will hurt you!  She already told me she was scared that you were going to get her to fall for you and then you were going to drop her like she was nothing."

"That was what I was going to do,"  I said looking down at Eli.

"Was?"

"Yeah... I don't think that is what I want to do anymore.  She is making me fall for her before I could even make her fall for me,"  I mumbled.  She just looked at me with pity in her eyes. 

"I'm sure she'll come along."

"I hope not,"  I heard Evan say.  I knew that he liked her, so I didn't say anything.  Honestly, how could you not like her?  

"Liz, I would really appreciate if you didn't say anything to about this."

"Yeah, yeah... Okay, bad boy, your secret is safe with me,"  she said winking.

"Thanks,"  I said smiling down at Eli.  

Sometime along the way, I must have fallen asleep because I was woken up by Cory yelling that it was time for a bathroom break. 

"How long have we been driving for?"  I asked Liz as we all got out.  Eli was trailing far behind.  I could tell she was still tired.  

"Only two hours.  Caitlynn said that she had to go to the restroom so Cory said that we needed to stop for gas."

"Ugh... I was just getting comfortable,"  I said looking back at Eliana who just blushed.  "Eli, do you want anything to drink or eat?"  I asked walking into the truck stop that was also next to a subway. 

"Yeah!  A sub would be great!"  She said running up to stand next to me.  

"Okay, what kind?" 

"Cold cut... Get some cold cuts, get some cuts!"  She started saying dancing around Subway.   

"Eliana!  You can't do that without me,"  Liz yelled running over to dance with her.  Great, I was surrounded by a bunch of lunatics. 

"Earth to Eli!  Are you going to order?  I won't pay if you don't get over here."

I saw Liz whisper something to her in her ear and then walk away.  Eliana walked over and started to look at the menu.

"What did she say to you?"  I asked pointing to Liz.

"Oh... Nothing,"  She said putting her hands in jean shorts pocket. 

"I don't believe you."

"Good.  Because she did tell me something about you that I am not supposed to tell you."

"Wow... I think that I already know what she told you, and I told her not to tell you."

"Oh, calm down.  She only told me to buy her an extra cookie.  But... since we are on the subject, why did you tell Liz that you were falling for me then told her not to tell me?"   Eliana asked as we made our way up to the counter. 

"Who told you that?"

"No one.  I don't go to sleep that fast Josiah.  Why didn't you tell me?"  She asked looking up at me with a serious face.

"Would you believe me?"

"No."

"Then why would I have told you anything?  You don't believe me anyways.  Just forget you heard anything.  Order you sub and tell me how much it costs,"  I said leaving her to order  by herself. 

I was mad that she knew that I was falling for her.  She should not have found out.  I know that she doesn't even believe me and that is what kills me the most.  She acts like I can't love.  She acts like I can't be good for her.  She acts like she can't be mine.  Did I really want her to be mine?  

Follow.  Comment.  Vote.  

Thank you guys that have read thus far.  I hope you are enjoying it very much.  Love you all :)