Chapter 22

Jame's POV

**5 weeks later**

I woke up staring into the face of the most beautiful girl alive.  I called off of work for today just so I could spend it with her.  "Eliana..."  I whispered while shaking her shoulder. 

"Hmm..."   was all she said before rolling over. 

Well, that didn't work, so I yelled, "Oh my God!  Eliana, there's a spider crawling up your pillow!"

"Holy shit!  James, kill it!"  She screamed jumping off the bed. 

I sat there laughing my butt off.  "Eliana!  Calm down,"  I said laughing still. 

"Really!  Why would you do that to me?  I thought you loved me,"  she said standing over in the corner.

I got up and walked over to hug her.  "Fine.  I'm sorry, babe.  I guess you don't want to go to the zoo with me now, do you?"  I asked. 

She thought for a minute and finally came to the conclusion of yes.  "I guess I forgive you.  Are we taking anyone else with us?"

That was the one question I was hoping she wouldn't ask.  "Don't freak out, but Josiah asked if he and Vanessa could come along.  Cory was going to go too, but Liz decided she just wanted to stay home."

"Vaness!  Really, James?"  She yelled.

"Eliana, come one.  Josiah and Vanessa have been dating for close to six months, on and off.  You have to get used to her."

"Fine.  Only because you have a very good point.  They have been dating since before Christmas and it's March now."

"Thank you.  Now go get ready.  I told them we would pick them up at 10 o'clock,"  I said kissing her forehead. 

She left to go take a shower, and I went to make eggs and bacon.  I knew she would be hungry.  I honestly didn't why I invited Josiah and Vanessa.  I wasn't really happy Vanessa was so willing to come, but Josiah said that he had a surprise for Vanessa.  He said he wanted it to be fun for her. 

"It smells like Heaven in here,"  Eliana said hugging me from behind. 

"Good.  Now, sit down and eat some breakfast.  You look amazing, by the way,"  I said looking her up and down.  She blushed and sat down.  She really did look amazing.  She had jean shorts and a nice shirt on with sandals. 

She finished eating and we drove over to Josiah and Vanessa's house.  They walked out and got into the car.

"We ready for the zoo guys?"  Eliana asked excitedly.

"Yes!  I've been wanting to go to the zoo,"  Vanessa answered.

I saw Eliana's face turn down, but she got happier as we started to drive.  I touched my hand to hers just so she knew I was here for her.  

"So, what animals are we going to see first?"  I asked.  I could feel the tension in the air between Vanessa and Eliana.

"Lions!"  Eliana said excitedly.

"I think we should go see the penguins first,"  Vanessa said to Josiah.

That obviously didn't work.  Why do I even try?  

"Try what?"  Eliana asked.  Everyone was staring at me now.  "James?"

I might as well tell them now.  "I just don't understand why you two can't just get along.  Josiah and I get along.  You two should be able to, too,"  I said.  

"James, I understand you want us to get along, but I cannot get along with someone who won't apologize for beating me up in the middle of the store,"  Eliana said reasoning with herself more than me.