-6

hey, sorry it's taking us a little while to update the chapters we're both busy with school and other things. also it can be hard for us to stretch this book out because we've basically planned everything that's gonna happen out already lmao. these next few chapters are going to be a lot about Harry and Violet's relationship and not as much about the murder so get ready :-)
enjoy the chapter! -georgia 💜

"Why did you leave me?" I hear Adrian's voice filling my head. I'm trapped in a glass box. I see everyone from my past on the outside of the box. They're all screaming at me, yelling at me. I'm saying sorry, over and over again but none of them can hear me. It's as if they can hear me, but they don't want to listen.

I wake up with cold sweat covering my entire body, feeling like I was suffocating. It was just a dream. I hadn't thought about them, my family or him in weeks. Whenever those thoughts crossed my head, I would force them back down like vomit. With everything that had been happening lately, I hadn't even thought about any of it.

The light is peeking through the blinds feels like it's burning me, and I want to drown myself into my covers and not leave my room. I smell cooking, and I almost jump up in my own bed.

I remember Harry, Harry was here. I invited him into my home. Oh my god, what had I been thinking? He was a stranger, and I shouldn't have let him stay here, my better judgement begins to rush in. But I couldn't help but feel comforted knowing that I wasn't all alone in this apartment, for once.

I groan, get out of bed and then pad into the kitchen. I'm greeted by a wonderful aroma of bacon and eggs, and Harry shirtless wearing boxers. I almost freeze in my tracks when I see that he's half naked.

"Good morning Violet." A smile spreads across Harry's face.

When he turns to me, I see that his entire torso is covered in tattoos, catching me off guard. A two sparrows flying towards each other on his chest, two vines above his hips, and a gigantic butterfly tattoo on his abdomen. I can't seem to avert my eyes off of him, his skin looked so smooth. I stop when I realize I had been staring.

"Like what you see?" Harry smirks at me, and I roll my eyes, my heart race picking up.

"No." I retort. "I just wouldn't have pinned you as the type to have tattoos, especially a butterfly tattoo." I tell him. Harry puts some eggs and bacon on my plate. I couldn't remember the last time someone cooked for me. Again Adrian, my ex boyfriend started to creep into my head. I hadn't been with anyone since him.

"When I was 19 I thought it was good idea to cover my body in the most idiotic tattoos, and now I regret it." Harry says, chuckling.

I smile at him, trying to imagine him at 19. I imagined him with shorter hair, and a lot happier, not in the situation that he's in now, carefree, and really not worrying about the life he had ahead of him.

"This is is good, who taught you how to cook?" I ask him, the bacon melting into my mouth.

"My mum." He answers.

"You're not from here, are you?" I ask him. Because of his accent, he was probably from Britain. I loved how everything he said sounded so smooth, like he'd practiced every word he says a million times. He could be read the entire dictionary and I wouldn't get bored of him talking.

"I'm from the UK. I moved here a few years back though, to live with my Dad." Harry says. I remembered that Harry's Dad was the one who owned the company before him. I think I saw some photographs of him in Harry's old office. When Harry says Dad, he seems uneasy. So I decide not to ask what happened to him. "What about your family?" Harry asks, and I immediately tensed.