Chapter 18- Honeymooners Cell Phone

Chapter 18

Date: August 17th

Location: In car on the road…… again

Time: 10:28 a.m.

I rubbed my eyes and pushed my messy tangle of blonde hair back, trying to think of what to do next. The splitting up part was still a go, but we wanted to get Sam and Terri to the safe house, which I now learned was in Clovelly, England, since we now knew that Lockstar was closer to us then we had previously thought.

I looked at the town and hoped to God that Lockstar wouldn’t find them. It was like Iris previously said it’s smart to leave after a heist but it’s even smarter to stay, Matt had bought a house a few miles away from where he lived. The house or I should say mansion, was surrounded by thick forest and is a major tourist attraction so new faces wouldn’t be unfamiliar. Matt had checked with them about the new guests and as far as we know they are safe and Lockstar is still clueless.

“So what’s this place called again?” Terri asks.

“Clovelly.” The word flowed off of Matt’s tongue. “It’s a very beautiful place, you’ll love it.”

“How are we getting there?” Sam asks.

“We’re going to do the same thing we had originally planned.” Iris states. “Sam you will be going with Fran and I to Ireland, Matt and Terri will still head to England for the baseball league thing, and Aura and John will head to Paris. After we land we’ll get an immediate flight to London, Aura and John will wait until the next morning and get a flight to Wales. Matt, Terri you have to find a place for us to stay unless we can immediately go to the safe house.”

“If you guys can handle the jet lag we’ll have a car ready.” Matt says confidently.

“I can’t believe this is happening.” Sam whispers.

“Listen up people.” Fran says going into business mode. “Aura you still need to un-enroll Sam and Terri then make them new i.d’s, Matt you need to make wedding rings for the happy couple and passports for those two.”

“Won’t you guys need passports?” Terri asks.

“We already have some that Matt made while Aura was having her little trip.” Iris cuts in. “We just need Franny to make us into them.”

“Piece of cake.” Sam says her voice cracking.

I get up from my seat and slide into the one next to hers. People only have a limited amount of time before they crack; it may seem cool and exciting but only in the books. Sam put her head on my shoulder taking deep breaths and trying to calm herself. I rub her shoulder and try and comfort her as best as I can.

“Are you alright?” I ask.

“What kind of question is that?” She says bitterly. “I have to leave school, my friends, and my family.” Her voice breaks off. “Everything you had to do, alone.”

“What was it like?” Terri asks joining the conversation. “After you found out.”

“It was terrifying.” I recall. “I had a backup plan in case cops ever found out about the Gresdale incident. I picked a country, learned its language, always had a bag packed up and ready to go in case I ever needed to use it but I never thought that I would.” I take a brief pause before continuing. “So when I read the information I ran, I ran to the airport and got my ticket to Lithuania, it was ironic that I met them along the way too.” I gestured to the others.