Chapter Three

Chapter Three: Maggie

I never wanted to break warnings in my entire life more than I do so now, more so that I craved it just as much as I would normally crave food on a daily basis. Which says a lot.

Luckily for me, however, lunch had just started.

But even so, as both Levi and I made our way to the cafeteria, I couldn't seem to keep my mind off Evan and Mandy, and how awfully worried I was for her but at the same time keeping Levi's advice in mind, all the while stopping myself from getting involved.

Though that doesn't mean I wasn't still frustrated about not being able to do anything other than to just sit back and do as I'm told. What sucks even more? There's no other option than to do just that. I know how destructive Evan is, he wasn't just some sugar-coated figure that's equivalent to the scary bedtime stories parents would tell their children, but once they looked back at them as an adult, they would realize they weren't really that scary, to begin with.

No, the rumors that circulate around him aren't just something to gossip about and not expect a consequence back. In a way, he was the scary monster your parents would tell you about, but this time, he'd actually get you in your sleep. And possibly eat you alive.

Call me dramatic, but that's the most accurate metaphor to use for him.

Also, Evan doesn't do things for the show of it, but instead for the satisfaction that he gets from his actions. Quite frankly, I don't understand why people seem to allow him to do that, much less praise him for it. The good looks maybe? He wasn't unattractive. Far from it really.

With his sandy brown hair, chiseled jawline, tall frame, and good physique partnered with this brooding persona he has going on that further amplifies his masculine exterior, it is quite apparent as to why people would either be too intimidated to call him out on his mistakes or be too enamored that they'll give him the privilege of just getting away with it.

But then again, it probably does stem from the fact his parents are ridiculously loaded, to the point that despite how this school is already exclusive for students who are (and how do I say this without sounding pretentious) living much more prestigious lifestyles than most, is that he's considered one of the most affluent students here in terms of wealth.

To the point that no matter how much he messes up, he could still bribe them into falling back at his feet as soon as he shows up the following morning in a sports car bought by his parents.

Again, this school is pretty messed up for its own good, which probably makes sense that Evan holds the title of being Henderson High's king. The thought alone never fails to make me laugh.

But still, as much as what I'm doing is risky, the idea of taking a chance and giving Evan a taste of his own medicine and possibly bringing him down from his stupid pedestal tempted me.

It tempted me more than it should've.

However, the only thing that was stopping me was that I didn't necessarily have a valid reason to avenge Mandy other than the fact I just hated what he had done to her, but also not knowing the full story so I can't take any actions that are obviously unasked for.

That, and as obvious as it is, Levi wasn't having any of it.

"Baby, stop pouting. Your pretty face might get wrinkles and I don't want people thinking I'm dating a grandma." he teased, to which I only responded with a blank stare.

He couldn't help but cringe "Yeah, not my best joke but you get what I mean, you need to stop worrying about other people. I know how much the situation affected you and if I could, I'd erase the memory from your mind completely-"