Chapter Two

A weird feeling stirs in my stomach at the thought of Peeta and I, tied together in marriage. Locked in place as eachothers soul mates. Completely inevitable. Peeta as mine. Katniss as his.

Katniss Mellark. What a lovely sound that has.

"Yes! Yes, of course Peeta!" I say, letting the silly feeling come out from hiding. He quickly jumps back to his own two feet, careless to the mud stained on his knee. He squeezes my body tightly, as I bury my head into his neck. My arms wrap around his toned shoulders, eliminating all air between our bodies, never wanting to be separated. My nose is drowned in his scent as I inhale deeply to savor the fresh baked bread, mixed with Peeta'a own smell. He strokes my hair with one hand, the other holding my back and he keeps the ring secured safely in the same as he kisses the side of my head numerous times.

After the long embrace we both happily encounter, he pulls away. Starring deeply into my eyes, examining my emotions. Trying to read my mind as I do so the same. His hand slips from my waist, as he delicately lifts my own hand. He slips the beautiful ring easily down my left finger. Not leaving my eyes for a second.

The smile stays plastered on both our faces. I stare at it astonished of the crystal sitting on it's frame. I gasp and look at him.

"Where could you have possibly have gotten this Peeta?" I ask, very curiously.

"It was my Mothers. My Father married her with it. I hope you don't mind. My mother gave it to me before the last Games. I'm still not too sure why she did. Perhaps she thought it could be a good luck charm? Maybe she just wanted me to give it to a special girl. I'm glad anyway. Otherwise it'd of been burnt along with the rest of her," he says so openly I ignore the comment, "So here it is, I hope you don't mind?"

"Peeta... It's beautiful. I couldn't have asked for better, a beautiful ring that's got its own love story. Better than any old boring ring. I adore it, thank you." I finish.

I pull it off to examine it further. And my eyes land on the tiny, cursive writing on the back.

"It says 'always'," Peeta confirms exactly as I say it in my mind.

"I said it to you one night when you were out of it, I knew you heard. And ever since, I felt as if it's meant something to us. I know I'll always love you,"

It's true. I do remember that night. And I remember every other time he says it- usually when I'm 'out of it'. And it does mean so much to us, were each other's always. And we always will be.

He pulls me in, kissing me passionately. His tongue begs for entry as I respond with acceptance. He explores my mouth before I pull back, messily kissing him a few more times before leaving him begging for more. His moan of childish annoyance vibrates through my chest as I quickly peck him softly on the cheek once more and tugging his hand to the lake.