Chapter Eleven

WARNING: this isn't very under 12 appropriate, like it gets fairly explicit so if you're not comfortable, don't read it just skip it or don't read it. I made sure I stopped with an interruption because I wanted to see what everyone's reactions were. So actually if you don't like it, you can tell me because I'll make sure to make it less... Disgusting you might call it. If you like it tell me as well because I'll continue. ANYWAYS, enjoy!! Another note at the end pls read xxxx illllyyyy

"Just pull the trigger, Katniss. It's not that hard. Watch," he pulled the weighing gun free from my shaking hands and pointed the gun sturdily towards Peeta's tied-down body.

Peeta sat there, helpless. With his hands tied behind the back of the old chair and his mouth tied with some sort of metal wire around his head. The wire seemed off-putting and I couldn't put my finger on what was so odd about it.

"You just point at the target and pull the trigger, not that difficult, darling," the man sarcastically told me with a deadly look in his eyes that forced a whimper from my body. His breath fanned over my face and it reeked of metallic, what could he have eaten that had a that aftertaste?

My whole body shook with terror, the man was Snow. President Snow.

"W-what," I stuttered, "you're supposed to be dead,"

My attempt to be strong failed and he chuckled deeply and evilly.

"You didn't think you'd get away with all of this freedom would you, Katniss?" his features turned mocking sympathy and a shiver ran up my spine.

Turning my head back to Peeta, my lips quivered at my disgust for the human being next to me. And the shame for my weakness, why was I being so controlled? Peeta whimpered and an shock took over his limp body and jolted his body in a way I knew it was electric. On instinct I took off on my feet. I ran what felt like as fast as my skinny legs could go, but Peeta never seemed closer. And I realized I couldn't move, I was stuck behind some sort of force field.

The force field wouldn't let me step any closer to him, yet it would move for a bullet to kill him. Yes, this is truly a sick plan by Snow.

"Shoot him, Katniss," Snow held the gun to me, taking my hand and filling it with the gun. "And it'll all be over," his eyes seemed so sincere. How can he be so evil yet hold such a kind face. His eyes hold it all.

What will all be over? What's he talking about? Instead of questioning, my body moved to position the hand gun to my own temple, I took one look at Peeta and knew if I did this, he would be safe. Safe from what? Why won't my mind work with the rest of my instinct and gut feelings?

"I love you," I took one glance at the man who suffers too much for me. Even as I am ready to die, he sits there suffering for me. The electric current stinging his whole body as he attempts yelling for me. "Peeta, it's okay. Stop fighting it," I say, wishing I could hold his body and stop the currents right now, which is what I'm doing. Stop thinking and just pull the trigger, Katniss.

One last grunt and jolt of electricity through his body, I put slight pressure on the trigger and look to Snow who is smiling. Shouldn't he be stopping me? This isn't what he wants is it?

Pulling the trigger I stare directly into Snow's eyes, hoping he realizes how evil he is experiencing suicide first hand. Squeezing the trigger, I wait for it. But all I hear is the click of an empty gun. What? I squeeze again and the same clicking noise sounds louder than ever through my ears. In a hurry I pull the gun barrel inside my mouth, praying the new position will work. Click.

As my hands shakily move themselves, I watch where they point to. Peeta. And without any control whatsoever, the trigger was pulled by my shaking fingers and magically the gun was reloaded. His body turned slow motion, his head fell back in a jolt and a red hole opened up between his eyebrows. The place I have kissed him so many times. Before I turned to meet Snow's fierce eyes, his own gun was placed to the same spot only on my forehead and everything turned black.