Why So Serious?

Harley was unconscious, feeling everything around her, her vision coming and going, feeling the room spinning as she heard someone's voice over the wheels of the bed. She knew she was at Arkham's hospital due to the smell and the way the ride to a room was, she still remembered working here and feeling all those cracks on the floors of Arkham Asylum. Gotham wouldn't pay Arkham to fix anything, it was broken down for years and the service was wrong for patients, Harley thought. Her mind only thought of the joker, his smile, and his green eyes. She asked herself constantly where was he, why can't she reach for him. The pain was mostly clouding her thoughts, the breathing even harder, she had hoped to be smiling that way the joker wouldn't be afraid of her or be worried. Time passed, the joker pacing as Harleys body constantly failing on her, he waited for a miracle to happen. Why was it difficult for her to keep up? The breathing, all of what life has granted her. The joker only wanted her; he could care less of what had happened to their baby two years ago.

Nightwing slid in next to where the joker was questioning himself, holding two coffees; he reached one out to the joker. "Look, I'm sorry, she'll make it. Right?" Nightwing questioned himself, his facial expression only making it worse than how it sounds. The joker gave him a look and slapped the coffee out of his hands, triggering the guards to grab the joker from punching Nightwing. "Its okay guys." He waved away the guards, the joker punched the wall instead, tears came out, for Nightwing this was a first seeing the Clown Prince of Crime to cry instead of laughing.

"WHY COULDN'T IT BE ME?!" The Joker questioned himself with rage. Nightwing only glanced at the floor, pressure was what he was feeling through this situation. So much fingers pointed at his faults. He got up and decided to leave. "Hey birdboy" Nightwing paused. "I know we aren't at the best of terms but, tell the big man, thanks from his clown friend" The joker grinned, wiping tears away. Nightwing waved, giving the joker a sign of understanding and walked down the lonely and broken hall towards the exit.

The Joker was admitted into his cell once again, Arkham Asylum didn't welcome him as a 'guest'. Harley laid in bed, for what seemed as years, yet it was only weeks. The joker became even more insane due to the room they placed him in, scratches filled the rooms walls, even holes that the Joker has made filled the room, sorrow, pain, anger all at once surrounded him until. BANG! His madness, his utter craziness turned him back into the man he used be, the man that Harley was afraid of. His laugh filled the room, filled the Asylum. Fear surrounded Harley, she awoke in fear, the laughter of her loved one made her shiver with goosebumps. "Why?"