Lifes Nightmare

When the sun was at its highest point, Harley was still there, it seemed like she was deserted in a desert, waiting for him to show up behind her. Her faith and hope soon disappeared, she got up from the filthy road and started walking the long ways. "Where am I going?" she questioned herself, knowing that something was off, she stopped and looked up at the road she was on.

'DAISY AVE' she read, she was near the strange place that Dr. Crane had taken her and Julian, "Probably...." She said, feeling that Crane was behind all of the disappearances in Gotham. This was her chance to get Crane in the act, she knew if she had found out where the people had gone, she could've found where the Joker went. She dashed down Daisy Avenue, toward the short building found only about 6 blocks away.

"Wait.... I cant just go in like nothing..." she looked at the roof, "Hmm not that tall at all" she began jumping the walls until she saw a ladder. Grabbing onto it, climbing the long, rusty ladder. "Just a little more!" she whispered.

Down below was nothing but the trash can of an old alley way, she needed to be cautious, there was guards down below, moving like a snake she reached the roof in a few minutes. Dawn has arrived and she was still on the roof, looking through a small window with binoculars, she began feeling the November breezes, she was getting cold once again.

STOMP! She heard, moving about 6 inches to the side of the noise, dropping her binoculars, she had noticed the large black figure standing next to her. "Batman?" she whispered, given sign of his name she turned to look at her with a pissed of face.

"Harley Quinn, I'm surprised to even she you here... where's the joker?" he said, with a rusty voice he then took the binoculars she had dropped. "I see spying on, Crane? That's not your style, where's the Joker?" he asked. Harley was a little frightened and didn't want to respond.

"H-he, uhm." She took a long pause then cleared her throat, "HE DIED, B-MAN!" she started to sob. The memory only gave her nightmares and sufferment, "I JUST CANT LIVE ANYMORE!" she screamed.

Forgetting that there was officers at the bottom, Batman covered her mouth, "Shh.. be quite" he told her, she didn't care all she could've done was cry. Batman didn't was to be caught but she didn't want to pay attention, instead she thrashed at the wind. Batman let her go, Harley gasped for air. She stayed quite and didn't say another word until she realized that Dr. Crane had come out to check what all the commotion was about.

"What is wrong with you!" she whispered, hitting him on the arm, Harley gave him a disgusted look, "Don't you dare touch me ever again!" she screamed, grabbing the binoculars she looked at Crane once again.

Batman looked at the window, "How long have you been up here?" he questioned, looking at her it seemed like she didn't hear him, but Harley did she just didn't want to speak to him. "It looks like their planning something, what do think?" he said, while standing up Harley looked up at him.

"Crane is he, he just wants me.... I don't know what to do. If he, if he has, mistah J I will defeat him." She said, vowing vengeance she looked at her fist, the first thing she did was stand tall. "Look, B-man you can't stop me from defeating Crane. I'm going in" she told him lastly.

Jumping down to the alley, she dusted herself off and went toward the entrance, the guards were standing tall and had their swards at their sides. Their drawn on faces were really distracting, clown faces filled the alley into a big colored playground for Harley. "Wait aren't those our gang?" she asked herself, then Batman jumped down and made her jump a bit.