*~*Chapter Eight- Mourning The Undead*~*

*~*Chapter Eight*~*

\"Oh...Kay...?\" I said, not sure how to respond. I bit my lip and looked down at my shoes. \"So, um, thanks for saving me back there. I\'m not sure I could\'ve got out of that... Erm... Sticky situation.\" I said, finding the right words to say.

\"It\'s fine. I couldn\'t have lived without you here.\" he said, a slight smile coming to his lips. But, he wasn\'t joking, when your mate dies you go into this depression. Then usually it ends in suicide or starvation.

\"Well, I should really get home. My Father... My father kinda declared me Alpha now.\" I said. He nodded. I started for the door of the apartment building and opened it. It rang with a little bell and closed silently. Not even half a second since I started walking did I hear it again. I looked behind me and saw Gryffin.

\"Couldn\'t stay away.\" he said with a sarcastic smile and a shrug. I rolled my eyes. Although I am thankful for him saving me, I was still angry at him. He should know better than to try and act like nothing happened. My father disappeared just a hour ago.

I gave him a last glance before storming off acrossed the road to the sidewalk. I continued my way down the white concrete sidewalk.

\"Kassidy...\" he said, swiftly taking my hand in his. I had almolst thought he would stay back there, guess I was wrong.

\"What Gryffin? Yes, I\'m grateful you saved me from that creep, but that doesn\'t change anything. You took my father away from me.\" I said.

\"Kassidy can we talk this over? Please?\"

\"No, not right now, I need to get to my family.\" I said, tugging my hand out of his. I felt his eyes stare into my back as I left him standing there. Honestly, I wanted to go back and talk it over with him, decide whether or not he was a genuine man. But the family needed me, and I needed them.

I arrived at the house after the three mile walk. I opened the front door and was immidietly engulfed in a hug. I wrapped my arms around the crying figure and dug my head into the shoulder that was covered with my moms chocolately colored hair.

\"Kassidy where have you been?! I\'ve been so worried!\" she screeched.

\"I\'m sorry Mom. I had to get away for a few hours...\" I said. It wasn\'t a complete lie, but most of those few hours were spent sleeping. In Gryffin\'s bed, may I add. She pulled away from the hug and wiped away the tears on her face. She gave me a weak smile before nodding and walking into the living room.

I followed her to the large room to see almost everyone with sorrowful faces. I gave a forced smile and walked over to the couch. I sat in between Clark and Mary. Clark pulled me into a hug as I cried silently into his shoulder, the tears coming back. I pulled away from the hug and wiped away a stray tear. Mary rubbed my back soothingly, whispering silent nothings to me.

I took a deep breath and knew I had to speak to the pack, explain that I am taking my father\'s place as Alpha, with help from the Beta. I nodded and stood from my seat. I took a place in the middle of living room. Eyes landed on me as I stood there uncomfortably in front of the pack.

\"Fellow pack members, we have just recently had a great Alpha leave from our eyes, but before he left he told me something. He told me I would have to take his place as our Alpha. Of course with help from our Beta...\" I said. I looked down at my feet as the pack continued to listen. I didn\'t know what to say. I bit my lip and looked at Clark with questioning eyes. He nodded in response, understanding my predicament.

\"I think that\'s all she has to say. You are all dismissed.\" he said. Friends and family hesitantly got up and walked their seperate ways. I sighed in relief and grabbed Clark by the waist, hugging him tight.

\"Thanks.\" I whispered. His lips turned into a small smile and he rubbed my back. \"I think I\'m going to go find Uncle Grant.\" I said. He nodded and realsed his hold on me.

I walked out of the large living room and down the hall to my my father\'s friend, our Beta, whom I always called my \'uncle\' when we weren\'t even related. I gave a knock on the door before a muffled sound replied. I twisted the golden knob of the door and entered the office.

Uncle Grant\'s eyes were red from crying. Tissues littered the floor, making a blanket over the forest green carpet. I walked slowly to him and gave him a hug. He tensed but soon his arms wrapped themselves around me. He rubbed my back as we mourned me father together. Although he wasn\'t dead, it felt like it.

That feeling that you\'ll never see someone again, no matter how much you try to find them. The feeling when you see the body of a lost one. The pale white skin and stiff body that gives you chills and brings tears to your eyes. That\'s how I felt.

\"Uncle Grant...?\' I whispered. He pulled away from the hug and nodded. \"What am I going to do? I\'m to young to take over. I don\'t want to take over. I still have a lot to learn. I\'m not even sixteen for Christ\'s sake...\" I said. He nodded and placed a worn, wrinkled hand on my shoulder.

\"Don\'t worry, my dear, I\'ll help you.\" he said.

*~*

Go back and re-read the ending of chapter seven if Gryffin isn\'t acting awkward then go re-rewad it please :) So a lot of crying in this chapter but what do you expect? Her father ran away. awh... :(