*~*Chapter Nine- Alien*~*

*~*Chapter 9*~*

I woke up the next morning, dried tears crusted my cheeks and my eyes burned. I got out of the safe haven I called my bed and lazily dragged my sleep-deprived body to the bathroom. I looked at the mirror and almost couldn't reconize myself.

My eyes were red and puffy from the full night of crying. My hair was standing every which way. Dark bags lined the bottom of my eyes. Although my eyes were still thei bright blue color and my hair was still blonde. I rubbed my eyes and turned the water to a almost mordor temperature. I stepped in after taking off my clothes and just stood there, relaxing my tensed muscles.

After taking a long shower, I pulled my hair up into a messy bun and walked into the bedroom. I slipped into a black pair of Hollister sweats and a dark brown hoodie. I pulled the hood over my face and walked back down the stairs.

Mary stood there looking up at me, along with Clark. They gave me sympathetic smiles and each gave me a hug. I gave a small, forced smile.

I skipped breakfast that morning, no longer wanting to comfort in food. I watched Clark and Mary eat a bowl of Frutie Puffs while I just sat there and stared. I didn't see my mother that morning either. She would usually be up and about, cooking breakfast for those in the pack.

In school humans kept surrounding me. Asking questions about my father whom the police think I'd missing, which is only half of the truth. Everytime someone would mention his name, tears would try to break through. 'Did you hear about Kassidy's dad?' 'I hear he's missing.' 'I think she killed him.' More and more comments flooded my hearing. After almost a full school day of that, I had had enough.

"Stop!" I screamed, everyone in the gymnasium looked at me like I was some alien. "Stop..." My voice turned to a whisper as I wept. The tears I had been holding back crept forward and flooded over. I ran out on the gym, in only a gym uniform, and ran straight out the front door.

Snow was still falling strongly. The cold didn't seem to phase me. I ran straight for the woods, unsure if any living soul were following my footsteps. My body turned quickly into my wolf, blending me in with everything covered in the white powdery fluff.

I laid down in a small clearing. I felt like a coward. Here I was hiding, hiding from my troubles while most of the pack is facing it head-on. I let out a long howl, a few others joined in. Inside my down mood lightened a bit, knowing that they, the pack, were there for me. Behind me, snow crunched along with some dead leaves. I let out a snarl.

"It's alright, it's just me." A familiar voice whispered. My eyes landed on Gryffin. His amber eyes were inticing and bright aginst the white background of snow and trees. I was tempted to shift back, but that meant standing nude infront of him. I stopped my snarl and looked up at him. He gave a small smile.

He stood there, patiently waiting for me. I let time pass and gave myself time making my way to him. His hand ran over shoulder and stayed there. I looked at him curiously before looking at my shoulder. There laid the faintest color of grey in the shape of a backwards crescent moon. I turned my attention back to Gryffin and watched as his lips twitched upward and into an almost full-out grin.

He shook his head, almost as if to shake some thoughts from his mind. He patted my head and gave a longing glance to my shoulder before turning back to me.

"C'mon, let's get you out of the snow." he said.