Chapter 2

The morning passed by quickly, resulting in lunch happening really quickly. Gumball was excited to be back in school. The School of Aaa (I give up with a school name) is renowned for its academic excellence and achievement, but he knew that they were also one of the most students from the upper class, mostly because this school was out of the way in the news. Gumball was hesitant because of this. There was, however, another reason he was so excited to get to school. It was the fact that he would be in the same school as the friends he had in elementary.

Gumball walked through the cafeteria to get to the school's courtyard in order to find his friends. They had agreed to meet outside, but never gave a specific location.

For as much as Gumball wants to have a low profile, his close friends weren't the average face in the crowd. All of them had huge reputations in the school, and he knew that this will bring him in the spotlight. It was also very helpful when he needed to find said friends. A crowd of people were surrounding them.

Gumball saw his lifelong friend Monochrome, who goes by Mono or MC. He doesn't talk a lot, and because of the recent popularity of the anime "Ouran High School Host Club," and the fact that he looked and acted strikingly similar to one of the characters, his popularity was mostly based off of that.

He was the first one that Gumball saw. Mostly because his dark clothing stuck out against the bright colors of the people surrounding him. That, and there was a certain girl standing next to him, clinging onto his arm.

That girl was none other than Cake. Her actual name was Katherine, but it was a name that she has never personally liked, so she settled on Cake. Most of her popularity came from dating MC, and ridiculous talent in gymnastics. She seems to be made of stretchy rubber when she's up and performing. She was quite literally the best is every gymnastics event, getting gold every time. Gumball remembered not ever seeing her with a place lower.

Her attire was less obvious than her boyfriend's. She had platinum hair with a swoop of yellow in the front, styled in a bob. She wore clothes that matched her hair. Her oufit today involved a yellow tank top and white pants with rips all along the front of the legs, and Gumball knows that those rips weren't a part of the original design.

Gumball smiled as he walked closer to the crowd. He soon saw a white bunny hat that wore a blue shirt and blue mini skirt.

That was Fionna. She is the most renowned tomboy girl on campus, as she always wore clothes that had grass stains on them. She was the best player on the girls soccer team, both offense and defense. Her love of the sport was shown with the fact that she always had knee-high socks.

Gumball had reached the crowd, and was pushing his way through. He was near the center when someone grab onto his arm. His eyes trailed that arm up, noting the blue shirt that ended at the fore arm.

"PG! You made it!" Fionna said cheerfully.

"Of course. Why would I miss the chance to meet up with you guys?" Gumball smiled.

Fionna turned around and shouted, "Yo! PG's here!"

Cake and MC looked over to see Gumball. Cake smiled, and MC gave a nod. Gumball returned both gestures.

Fionna pulled Gumball along to get next to Cake and MC. Gumball and MC did their secret handshake, and Gumball noted that a few guys in the crowd moved closer to see if they could learn said handshake.

"Hey, Sugar, how's it going?" Cake asked.

"Pretty. Classes have gone well so far. There was the normal strange looks because of my name, and hair, but I'm used to that, now." Gumball shrugged at the last setnece. He hated having to deal with people that simply won't drop his name and the fact that it was a little different.