Chapter 15

What had just happened between him and Gumball has been replaying in Marshall's head over and over. He didn't even think that he would do that, but at the same time, he was done with trying to ignore the fact that Gumball's crush stuck out like a sore thumb, and his acknowledgement of his own feelings for the nerd would be left unnoticed. He wanted to tell Gumball sooner rather than later, but this was about as close as he would be able to get to confessing. Hopefully.

He and Gumball packed up their stuff, and constantly kept glancing at each other. Marshall had a feeling that they both had the same idea in their mind. It was clear that both of them had feelings for one another, and he was confident that this would lead to one of Marshall's best relationships so far. Again, hopefully.

They were out of the back door of the library about five minutes before the club ended, so it really wasn't any loss of time to leave early.

"Here's what I think we should do." Marshall said. He looked over at Gumball, and smiled, "How about we get this stuff dropped off, "Raising his guitar as an example, "And then get something to eat, yeah?"

Gumball nodded, "That sounds like a good idea. Should we go to your house or mine first?"

"Where do you live?" Marshall asked.

"About a ten minute walk from the school."

"Alright, then. We'll go to yours first."

'He lives that close? That's honestly ridiculous. Not to mention that the houses in this neighborhood are not cheap. At all.' Marshall thought.

Marshall lead Gumball to the parking, to the far back corner, where he had his car. It was one of those old surfer trucks, that he was able to find in pretty good condition when he bought it. He loved that thing so much. There was a lot of space in the back for his stuff, and he wouldn't ask for anything else.

Marshall opened the back, and set his guitar and backpack down. He turned and offered his hands out so he could get Gumball's stuff in the back, too.

"I'll do it myself, if that's alright." Gumball said shyly.

Marshall held his hands up in defense, "Whatever you say, Candy Prince." Marshall stepped to the side and let the nerd put his violin and backpack down in the car, too.

Once all of their stuff was in the car. They each got in on their respective sides.

Marshall never really kept anything clean, so it was no surprise that his car had food wrappers and trash in it. For once, though, Marshall felt very embarrassed about the garbage.

"I assume that you don't have a lot of people in your car." Gumball said, moving aside a McDonald's wrapper on the floor with his feet.

"How'd ya guess?" Marshall looked over, smirking.

"Oh, you know, the fact that it looks like you live in your car." Gumball smiled.

Marshall scoffed, "Rude." When they pulled out of the parking lot, Marshall asked, "So, which way is your house?"

"Oh! It's... uh. Left. Go left." Marshall followed the directions.

Gumball continued to give directions, never quite giving street names, and when they turned onto Gumball's street, he just asked Marshall to stop in front of one of the houses. Marshall turned off the car.

"Is the trunk open?" Gumball asked as he opened the car door.

Marshall pulled a lever, unlocking the trunk. "Now it is."

Gumball looked over and smiled. "Thanks."

Gumball climbed out of the car and fished his stuff out the back. He ran inside, not even saying a word to Marshall. He stared at the house, marvelling at how big it was.After how long he knew the nerd, he didn't think about the fact that maybe he was wealthy. It might actually explain the electric violin that he has. Those things aren't cheap.