Chapter 14

As if the world could be any more against him today, now was the time that it was. Gumball, after his horribly embarrassing showing up late to his room, He really just wanted to stay out of the spotlight.

And he succeeded.

Mostly.

No one really cared if the nerd was late for class or anything. No, that wasn't the issue. It was the whole issue with Marshall. Yes, that stupid idiot. He stood up for Gumball again. About basically the same issue.

Gossip has been spreading. Someof it favoable, some of it not. The favorable, in all honesty, really wasn't that favorable. It was now a rumor that Gumball and Marshall were getting down and dirty in the sheets, and that was why Marshall was so pissed about Gumball giving or receiving a blowjob from the math teacher. The other rumor was that Gumball was doing the horizontal hokey-pokey with Ricardio, which was far worse in Gumball's opinion.

It didn't take long for it to spread. At the very least, it had reached his friends by lunch. They had heard the first one, luckily.

"So," Cake said when Gumball sat down for lunch, "I see that you are getting lucky with the vampire."

"No, I'm not." Gumball said a little too harshly.

"Don't worry, darling, I gotcha covered." Cake winked, and Gumball groaned.

"Whydo you think I would keep something like that secret from you? Why would I keep it secret from MC? Fionna? I would tell you on the spot."

"Well... is it a secret?" Cake asked, eyebrow raised.

Gumball threw his arms up in the air. "No! Nothing happened!"

"Whatever you say sugar, but let me just say, "Cake leaned in to whisper, "I know that you've been after Marshall since day one. The music room was literally all I had to see that would prove that."

That memory instantly came back to Gumball, and he now wished that it could be erased from history forever.

"I know that I'm not wrong, sweetheart. Just tell him." Cake said, still whispering.

"What are you guys talking about?" Fionna asked.

"Oh, just that we boththink that you have the hots for little redhead over there." Cake said, pointing to Flame.

"What?! Why would think that?" Fionna said, but in a lot of way she was clearly lying. Her cheeks instantly became red, and she began sputtering out a weak defense.

Cake looked over at Gumball, and gave a look that looked like it said, 'See what I mean?' Gumball realized that he would need to get a lot better at lying in the future.

"Anyway, what actually did happen with Marshall? I want to make sure the rumor went hazy before it went crazy." Cake asked.

Gumball shrugged. "Nothing much, really. Some kid came up and called me-"

"Dumb-fuck?"

"Bitch."

"No." Gumball sighed, "He called me a fag."

Cake and FIonna looked like the pins on their grenades were just pulled. They looked like they were ready to kill someone, and if they weren't calmed down, they probably will.

Cake slammed her hand down on the table. "What does this fucker look like? Fi and I will put our own input in on his actions right now."

Gumball sighed. "He's already been threatened today. I don't think that it will matter."

"Oh, yeah! What did Marshall say?" Cake leaned forward excitedly.

"Basically? Meet me in the parking lot if don't leave the nerd alone." Gumball said blandly.