Chapter 12

The party was, in a way, the way that Gumball thought it would be like. Loud music, crowded areas, People doing questionable things on the couches. He really did think that people would be sensible enough to not reach the stereotype. Apparently he was wrong.

Fionna didn't hesitate to seperate herself from both Cake and Gumball. She was there, and then gone in an instant.

"Well, it's going to suck to try and find her again. Do you want something to drink?" Cake asked.

"Anything not spiked or alcoholic." Gumball grumbled.

Cake laughed, "Very well, I'll help you scope out the scene, and then I want to be social with people before they get wasted."Cake grabbed Gumball's hand, pulling him through the crowded first floor of the house. She appeared to know her way around, and quickly got into the kitchen, where on the counter there was quite a few cardboard box with beer labels on them. Of course. Cake let go of Gumball's hand, and went to the fridge, completely ignoring all of the liquid poison. She opened it, and leaned down to see contents.

"Hmm... There is milk, obviously water. Oh! An unopened thing of apple juice!" Cake pulled out what she promised. She dug in the cabinets and got out two cups and started pouring out the apple juice. She handed one to Gumball, of which he took a sip.

"I'm only going to be drinking kiddie drinks all night, huh?" Gumball took another sip.

Cake was in the middle of drinking her golden liquid when she quickly stopped, the sign that she had something to say. "That reminds me."

"Drinking apple juice reminds you of something?" Gumball raised an eyebrow.

"Not about the apple juice, but drinking specifically. There are a couple rules that I always have to follow if I ever go to a party, and they're pretty damn huge." Cake held up a finger, "First, never take a drink that you don't know where it came from. Normal drinks could be spiked with alcohol, or even narcotics. I almost made the mistake of doing that, and I kid you not that drink has a rape drug in it. Fionna actually beat that guy up after she found out that he tried to drug me. Basically, this one applies to both whether you plan on drinking or not."

"Okay." Was Gumball's only response.

Cake nodded, and continued, holding up another finger. "Second, and this one builds off the first rule. When you get a drink, always see or be the one breaking the seal of the bottle, can, whatevs. Anything that is left alone could be spiked, and never, ever, drink punch just left out. Even if it's in the punch bowl. It doesn't even matter if you were the one to bring it."

Gumball nodded.

Cake held up another finger. "Never leave your drink alone. Even if it was for, like, fifteen seconds, don't do it. Consider it at that point dead to you.

"And finally, do not, and I mean DO NOT let anyone take you to another room while you are drunk. I don't care if they were kind of good friends with you. NO."

"Is that all?" Gumball asked.

"It's what I can currently think of, but it's probably the best advice I could ever give you. You will live a long life with my wisdom." Cake said. She clapped a hand on Gumball's shoulders. "Just... Don't get yourself in trouble, okay? I really don't want you to be mentally scarred at your first party. Promise?"

"Promise."

"Okay." Cake downed the rest of her apple juice, slamming the cup onto the counter. By how hard it hit, she was lucky that it wasn't glass. "Alright, I'm going to wander around. You're welcome to tag along, and you're welcome to stay. Doesn't matter."