15

"Dad?" I whisper as I watch him walk around the gloomy cemetery. He turned around with a smile on his face as he holds his arms open.

"Dad!" I say in excitement and run into his arms. "Dad I miss you so much." I hug him tightly, crying into his chest.

"I know, sweetie. But you can't stay." He runs his fingers through my hair.

"W-why not?" I ask, now looking up at him and into his blue eyes that I haven't seen in two years.

"Mom needs you. That young boy Marcel that you've been seeing, he needs you."

"But dad, I want to stay here with you." I whine quietly.

"Shh, I know. I want you to stay too, Ri. But you can't." He hugs me once more. "Just know that I love you and I'm forever looking after you. I'll always be by your side." He whispered soothingly into my ear. I couldn't help but cry hysterically and hold onto him tightly.

"I love you, daddy." I whisper.

"I love you too, babe." He kisses the top of my head and pulls away. I look up at him, and he turns around, walking to his tombstone.

"Dad please don't leave me again." I cry out, trying to grab him but my feet won't move. "Daddy please!"

Marcel's POV•

"Please.. Please.. Daddy please.." She mumbled.

"Everyone needs to back up!" The doctor shouts as nurses push me and Riley's mom out of the way. 

" Well is she at least gonna be okay? I don't have time to be here all night. I have work in the morning!" Her mom says disrespectfully and my jaw nearly hits the floor. Her daughter is having a heart attack and she's worried about being stuck in the hospital all night?

Riley's POV•

I wake up to the feeling of someone squeezing my hand. I flutter my eyes open barely enough to see Marcel sitting beside me in a chair, holding onto my hand and kissing the top of it.  

"Marcel?" I croak, squinting my eyes. He stood up, leaning over me and kissed my head. Memories of my dad flood my mind.

"I saw my dad." I whisper. My mom rushes to the side of the bed that I'm laid up in and examines me.

"What happened?" I finally ask the obvious. 

"You had a heart attack due to extremely high blood pressure. We will be running some tests to see if you are diabetic. For now, try and get some rest." The doctor said to me before walking out of my hospital room. 

I had a heart attack? Was I dead? Was I in heaven? Is that why I saw my dad?

Authors note: Short chapter, I know! Sorry! I am updating later on! It'll be a longer chapter. I am about to pass out!