Chapter 9

*beep* *beep* *beep* *beep*

What is that?

*beep* *beep* *beep* *beep*

Someone turn it off.

*beep* *beep* *beep* *beep*

I groaned, that beeping noise is giving me a headache.

Wait what happened? Am I dead?

I forced my eyes open -which wasn't easy. A white hospital room came into view.

What? How did I get here? I'm so confused.

I tried to rub my eyes, but something was holding my hand down -or should I say someone? Andy? Why was he here?

He was sitting on one of those hard hospital chairs. He was bent over, resting his head on the bed -asleep. He was holding my hand tightly, like he was afraid he was going to lose me.

I was going to wake him up, but I opted not to. Without thinking, I pushed his hair away from his face, with my free hand.

His face was tear stained -why was he crying? A fresh tear fell from his eye, and I wiped it away softly. My fingers lingered on his soft face.

I had to admit he was really beautiful, I never really paid much attention to him. He was always teasing me, so all I ever wanted to do was get away from him.

I laid there staring at the wall for about thirty minutes, I didn't wanna wake him up. And all that time, he never loosened his grip -which I was thankful for, it gave me a sense of security, made me feel somewhat safe.

"Violet?" I heard a raspy voice say, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Hey." I smiled shyly at him.

He didn't say anything back, he just immediately threw his arms around my neck, and brought me into a tight hug. "Please don't ever do that." He said shakily. "Please."

"I won't." God knows I will.

"I-I'm gonna go get the doctor." He said, walking away quickly. His voice still sounded like he was about break down.

All of a sudden I felt cold, shivers went down my spine. It felt like I was here alone for hours, but it's only been a few minutes. My chest started to tighten, as the fear started to build inside me.

I hate hospitals.

I hate doctors.

I hate it all.

I need to breath.

I need to get out of here.

I need Andy.

Right when I was about to pull out all the wires they put in me, Andy walked in -unfortunately he brought in a doctor with him.

The doctor started talking to me, but I wasn't really paying attention to him. All I could think about was, "When can I get out of here."

"We'll need to talk to your guardian." I heard the last part of the sentence. My eyes widened. They probably wanted to send me to a crazy house.

"Guardian?" I asked dumbly.

"Yes-" the doctor started to say why, when a nurse came rushing in telling him about some type of emergency. "I'll be right back."