Chapter 4: Green Is The Colour Of Envy

"Hiccup!" Astrid stepped forward to console the fallen Rider, only to be blocked by a mass of armour.

"My sweet, sweet Astrid." Iver leaned forward, winking at the retreating blonde. "How my excitement has grown for this moment."

"Back off, rhyme-boy! The Jorgenson Ship is setting sail!" Snotlout marched into the house, shoving the sparkly flirt to the side and grabbing Astrid's hand. "Astrid." He said in an attempted suave manner.

"Ha, that ship's been sunk for a long time, Snotlout." Fishlegs snorted, giving Astrid a warm smile, which she nervously reflected.

     "Listen, guys, I know you all think you like me but -"
"Oh there is no 'think' about it!" Iver shook his head. "I can confirm that I most certainly have fallen for you, Astrid."

"Shut it, Basick. There is no way Astrid would choose you over me!" Snotlout smirked, clearly confident with his thoughts (But we all know the truth).

"It's always a competition with you, isn't it, Snotlout? Maybe it's more about how much attention you pay to her than yourself." Fishlegs lectured, crossing his arms.

"I always pay attention to Astrid!" Tuffnut, who literally popped out of nowhere, declared. "I know everything about her!"

"Oh yeah? What's her favourite colour?" shot Iver, his navy eyes glinting with spite. "Or her favourite spot on Berk? Why does she like braids? When did she first ride a dragon? You got nothing on her!"

"And I supposed you do?"

"Of course! I love her the most!"

     "I give up! I'm done!" Astrid peeked around her Admirers' crowd to see Hiccup storming out of the house. She gave Heather a pleading look but she was preoccupied with glaring at Fishlegs. Realisation unfolded onto her face and she bit her lip. They had spoken about....Fishlegs but the situation was....complicated. There's no way Heather would be mad, right?

"Come on, Astrid. I bet you'd rather lose all of these morons and have a civilised conversation." Fishlegs gave her another pleasant smile and that seemed to make Heather snap. She stalked out through the door as well, leaving our poor Astrid with four fighting fruit-loops and one hysterical twin. Trying to escape, she attempted to gain some space and hide somewhere. 'Seriously. What does Hiccup have to be so upset about?! I'm the one being chased here!'

<^><^><^><^><^><^><^><^><^><^><^><^><^><^><^><^><^><^><^>

     What did he have to be upset about indeed? What on Earth could have made Hiccup so mad? Hmm, I wonder......Nah, I don't. But it's hilarious to find out either way.

     "'What's her favourite colour? I love her the most!'" Hiccup mimicked. "Honestly, some people. I've known her for even longer than you, lover-boy! Thinking you have a chance with her..." He gritted his teeth and kicked a pebble out of his way. Shoving himself around, he stomped in a circle, repeatedly muttering and kicking.

"I mean, come on! I thought he was smarter than a stupid hypnosis spell!" Twirling, Hiccup found Heather with her own gritted teeth and frustrated punches to the air. "Ugh!" She glanced up, seeing him and blowing a hair piece out of her eyes.

     The two stared at each other before simultaneously groaning and booting another stone each. Hiccup turned and crossed his arms. He could feel Heather's presence next to him but kept his eyes up ahead on the horizon.

"What's got you worked up?" He asked her, keeping an even tone.

"I'll tell if you do." She answered shortly. The air was thick with a fiery charge and a deathly silence. Both green-eyes kept quiet, glowering at the thoughts in their heads.