Chapter 7: In Their Own Ways

"Snotlout, what are you doing?"

He winked, roughly shoving his hand onto her shoulder. "Why I'm giving you the Snotlout tour, of course!"

"I'm not in the mood." Astrid turned and walked away with the Jorgenson tripping after her.

"Astrid! Come on! Why not spend some time with the man of your dreams?" He puckered his lips, but instead of a kiss, he got socked right on the nose.

"Because you are not the man of my dreams. You are too self-absorbed and arrogant for my taste." But he kept following on after her, resulting in several bruises and maybe a few broken bones.

     "Why won't you just leave me alone?!" Astrid cried out. He grinned, with a few missing teeth.

"Because I love you, Astrid." She rolled her eyes and stomped off, shaking her head. 'Okay, Astrid. You need to keep calm. He's under some hypnosis so you'll have to bear with it until we get this sorted out.' Taking a deep breath, she abruptly turned to face Snotlout.

"Snotlout?" She tilted her head, bringing a smug smile to his face.

"Yes, Astrid?"

"Sorry about this." She twisted around, kicking Snotlout right in the jaw; instantly, he was on the ground. 'Pfft, I am not hanging around with him.' Satisfied with knocking him out, Astrid went on to visit the stables. Maybe the scene of yaks and grass will soothe her.

<^><^><^><^><^><^><^><^><^><^><^><^><^><^><^><^><^><^><^>

     Yeah - no. Turns out, watching yaks graze on their mushy grass was more along the lines of boring. If anything, it let her annoyance increase. That was, until someone came along and actually made her more annoyed.

"Astrid! You're here!" Groaning, the blonde found Tuffnut lurking next to her with a huge grin on his face. "It must be destiny!"

"Tuff, could you just leave me alone please?"

     "Now I know you find me irking but I have a proposal."

Her glacial eyes widening, Astrid started backtracking. "Oh Thor, no, Tuff, don't -"

"We should become partners in crime!" He declared, a confident pride spread across his face. Astrid paused before blinking and furrowing her brow. "What?"

"Think about it, Astrid! You and me! The prankster and the strategist! It's perfect!"

     "You....you're kidding, right?" She was able to choke something out at least. Tuffnut was....shocking while Snotlout was more tiresome; but the two of them one after the other was something she could definitely live without.

"Certainly not! This is a serious matter! With you, all my plans might actually work! With me, you could....." He trailed off, his buzz of excitement depleting. "Huh."

"Look, Tuff, I really don't -"

"You!"

     Whipping around, Astrid found Ruffnut glaring at her with a fiery stare. "I don't believe it! You went all this way to replace me with Astrid?! Oh, you are in so much trouble!" Stomping over, Ruff pinched her twin's ear and dragged him off, leaving his yells of pain to echo in his footsteps.

"Ow! Don't worry, Astrid! I'll find a way to escape this she-beast and we shall meet again! We shall rule the world!" Shaking her head, Astrid blew out a breath.

     'I have to make it through the day without bumping into any other Admirers.'

<^><^><^><^><^><^><^><^><^><^><^><^><^><^><^><^><^><^><^>