One

Fear.

That was the only thing felt as I silently crept out of my tiny bedroom window.

I was finally doing it. Running away. From it all. From my addict mother and her stupid drunk of a boyfriend. All of the nights that spent crying my self to sleep from the horrible reality I was living in.

A salty tear slipped from my eye. I quickly wiped it away and started running. Running as fast as I could muster with my slender body in the freezing winter weather of Seattle(Washington).

After a good 30 minutes of running I finally stopped to catch my breath. Panting and wiping off a cold sweat, I started back up, just walking trying to figure out where I was and where I was going.

After a few blocks I spotted a little shady gas station. I headed in that direction. I figure I could get a map using a five finger discount since I only had like $20 and that was gonna be for food.

As I reached the the shady gas station I noticed all of the shady people standing around it that came with it.

When I reached the door and was about to open it a man blocked my way. The first thing I noticed about him was his disgusting whiskey breath when he opened his mouth to talk or slur. "Aye chika, where you headed" he surprisingly didn't slur.

"Uhh I-inside" I studderd nervously.

"Really?why don't you come with me?" He slured the last part a bit.

"N-no thank you" I yet again nervously squeaked.

"Come on" he lazily grabbed my waist pulling me closer to him. On instinct I pushed him away and he didn't like that so he grabbed my wrist this time and he grabbed it really tight too. I think I might get a bruise.

Still terrified I kicked him in the jewels as hard as I could and ran into the store panting. I looked to my right were the cash register was and nobody was there so I strolled carefully around the tiny store with my head down trying to find a map.

When I finally located one I shoved it into my jacket and casually walked out.

As soon as I reached the door I saw the man I kicked earlier still doppled over groaning in pain.

Thank God.

When I reached the other side of the street relief flushed through me, and I looked over the map.

I realized that I'm downtown and I needed to go north towards the Canadian border. I hope I don't need a passport, but with my luck I probably do.

As I'm walking I see a dimly lite motel sign that says 'JOE' S PLACE' on it. Looks descent I think to myself.

As soon as I walk the smell of nicotine hits my nose. There's an old lady standing behind the counter with a hole in her throat with one of those things that you'd see in those commercials of like those old people and they say that smokings bad, I think you get the point.

When she spoke her voice was raspy and the thing in her throat went up and sucked back in when she finished, making a sucking noise.

"What can I do ya for darling" she spoke.

"U-Uhhh how much is one night?" I asked.

"You look pretty young, what can you afford?" She said.

"Ummm" I rummaged through my pocket to pull out my money, turns out I have $34 and some change "uhh $20?"

"Hmmm good enough, here ya go hun" she handed me a room key and a weak smile as I gave her the money.

When I walked in the first thing I noticed was the tiny bed in the corner of the room, next to it a night stand, with a dirty lamp on it. On the rug was a huge bleach stain. Wonder what that's from.

In one swift motion I laid my head down on the cheap motel pillow, listening to the sounds of the shaky ceiling fan I managed to drift asleep.

(PICTURE IS OF INDIGO)

AN: This is my first story on wattpad so yeah don't judge if it's bad, please leave suggestions and ideas to help my writing in the comments. I hope you enjoyed this so far!

-Guadeloupe