Chapter 11.

I went with Jake to his practice. It was funny how some of the guys were hung over and basically crying to go home. But I cheered him on not sure what I was watching. He comes over to me and grabs water.

"Your so good!!" I tell him enthusiastically as possible. He smirks at me.

"Yeah what part?" He asks.

"All that running. I don't think I would ever be able to keep up with you. You just keep doing circles around everyone. " I tell him nodding. Acting really impressed. He just starts laughing at me. He grabs me by my pigtails and kisses me on the lips. I hear the guys start cheering him on. He just smiles into the kiss.

"Maybe you should run some laps with us? Im sure your butt could motivate me.." he says leaning his forehead against mine.

"Maybe. .. I do have a nice butt. You know they come from far away just to take pictures of this creation. Its crazy, I know." I say laughing at him

"Nope, I'm asking coach if we can start laps. You better get ready to run cause if I catch you then I win and you have to reward me." He says and walks away. I watch him ask his coach about laps and then he smiles in my direction. Shit. The coach blows the whistle and talks to the team.

I see him watching me as he listens to his coach and rest of the guys don't look to happy about having to run. They all start taking their gear off. They get to the line.

"Mia, grab a head start. Twenty laps baby girl." He says and just starts laughing. I feel like I'm going to die just thinking about it. This is abuse. He just called me baby girl in front of everyone. I get up and walk over. So happy I wore sneakers instead of boots.

I stand next to him watching how he gets ready to run. Should I mimic him? I'm toast. But I'm going to try. The whistle blows and I start running. I try to set a pace. I walk alot but this will be harder.

I keep moving. I try moving my pace a little faster to stay ahead of Jake. I keep focused trying to get all my emotions to start pushing me. We finish our first lap. Nineteen more to go. Im not doing to bad. I just keep going. Still ahead of him by a couple feet. Enough that I know he's watching me.

Another lap done. Eighteen more to go. My muscles in my legs start to feel tender but I ignore it. I just keep going. Another lap down. Seventeen more to go. I just keep on. Dont look down and don't look back.

Im finally at the halfway point. Ten laps down. I might not be able to stand after this but I will finish. I just pray when I fall down I don't look like a complete mess.

As I get ready to cross for the finish line I feel myself get thrown in the air. He puts me over his shoulder as he crosses and slaps my butt. It hurts. Every part of me is screaming.

"Awww... I almost had it." I whine.

"You never almost had it. I enjoyed my view and it was time to claim my prize." He says laughing at me. "But I wasn't expecting you to finish all the laps. I was waiting for you to give up and carry you the rest."

"How come none of the other guys passed me?" I ask over his shoulder. He turns to see them doing a slow jog to finish.

"Partied to hard last night. We are usually done a half hour ago. I think they we're happy for the slower pace. We get to leave now." He says setting me down on the bleachers. He sits next to me waiting for the guys to come over.

"You guys were pathetic. Do you even want to be on the team?" The coach asks coming to us.

"Yes sir. " they all said at once. Some collapsing as they answered. The coach just shakes his head.

"All week I'm training you harder. You have a game Friday. Scouts are coming. I want you all on top performance. If your not up to it then I will bench you and give someone else a chance. Understood? "

"Yes sir. "

"Go home and no parties until after the season. " Coach says and walks away.

Some of the guys get up and grab their gear to leave. Mark and a couple others stay behind. Just sitting with us. I lay back against the bleachers with Jake's arm resting over my legs.

"So what's up with you two? " Mark asks looking at us. I just look up to the sky closing my eyes.

"Why you want to know Mark?" Jake asks back.

"Just curious." Mark says and I feel Jake's eyes on me.

"She's mine so there's nothing to be curious about. " Jake answers and I feel him squeeze my leg. I can't tell if he's agitated or not ready to answer questions that involve us.

"She's yours?" Mark asks. I know he's thinking about the wording.

"Yeah she's mine. Get over it."

"So your first girlfriend? " Mark asks still harassing him. I look at Jake and I see him rolling his eyes.

"Seriously Mark. Let it go. Let me enjoy this. " Jake answers him.

"So what are we doing today? " Mark asks.

"I have group in an hour." Jake says and looks at me.

"I have a date with your bed. I can't move. Im going to take a nap." I say to him. Jake nods and pulls me onto his lap. He's all sweaty and it's turning me on.

"So afterwards? "

"Maybe go see a movie. . I wouldn't mind an action movie." I answer. I feel Jake trying to hold in laughter. Im pretty sure he's thinking of the action this morning. He buries his head into my shoulder and I feel his warm breathe on my neck.

"Yeah? " Mark asks still watching Jake. It must be weird seeing how close and touchy Jake got with me.

"Yeah we can meet up if you want? " Jake finally answers. "Whatever Mia wants to do is fine with me. I will probably be ready to eat too."

"I will have him text you when he gets home." I say and get up. Jake gets up to and goes back to grab his gear.

"You guys are moving really fast?"

"I know Mark. If it helps he has set the pace. I keep thinking that I might be pushing him to move faster than he's comfortable but he has made every move so far. The only thing I've done is tell him how I feel about him. Mark, I've fallen for him. I tell you this because I know your his best friend and care about him. But you don't have to watch out because of me. I won't hurt him."

"Good enough for me. I just don't want to see him lose himself. I hope you understand. So I will you guys later." Mark says and waves us off.

Please comment and vote. Let me know what you think ♡☆☆♡