Chapter 4 - Memory Loss

I woke up and found myself in a hospital bed. I squinted while being blinded by the strong and bright hospital lights. My head really hurt and my back felt like I've been shocked with electricity. I slightly turned my head and saw Jiwoo unnie asleep next to me. I tried to look for the time but I couldn't find a clock anywhere. Just then, a couple doctors headed over next to me.

"When did you wake up Hyerim-sshi?" One of the doctors said and I immediately recognized his face. It was Doctor Han, the doctor that treated my mom. I felt Jiwoo unnie move by my side.

"Hyerim-ah! Are you okay? How are you feeling?" She said immediately as she woke up.

"What happened? Why am I at the hospital?" I asked.

"You had an accident yesterday. We will be running some tests on you soon. Please get ready." Doctor Han said and then left.

"Accident? What accident?" I asked Jiwoo unnie.

"Do you not remember? You fell off the stage yesterday." She said concerned.

"Stage? Why was I on a stage? The last thing I remember doing was texting Hyunseung sunbae and Sungjae oppa." I said.

"When did you text them...?" She said quietly.

"November 7th. What day it is today?" I asked.

"Hyerim-ah.. It's November 10th."

---------------------------------------

Mark woke up with the ring of his phone. He suddenly remembered about Hyerim's accident yesterday. He groggily picked up his phone.

"Hello...?" He said half awake. He barely got any sleep after staying up all night worrying about her.

"Mark. Sorry did I wake you?" The caller said. Mark realized it was Jiwoo and immediately got up from bed.

"Did Hyerim wake up?" He asked immediately.

"The thing is... she has no memory of anything after November 7th." Jiwoo said disappointingly.

"Are you saying... she doesn't remember what happened.. even on her birthday?" Mark asked carefully.

"Yeah. It seems like it." Jiwoo said. Mark couldn't believe it. Does that mean to Hyerim, their confession never existed?

---------------------------------------------

Hyerim fell right back asleep after getting her checkup. Her second brother and mother arrived as soon as she came out of her tests. The oldest brother was trying hard to console their mother who wouldn't stop crying. The doctor said he would be back soon with the results. There were a bunch of reporters outside trying to find out what happened. As soon as she woke up, the news about the accident had already spread everywhere. Jiwoo checked her phone to see what new articles the reporters created.

An accident occurs during rookie group Got7's practice showcase stage! Unknown who is injured, but accident seems planned? Rumored: JYP new trainee and former Kpop Star contestant Eli involved with the accident.

Just then, she got a call from JYP PD-nim. She carefully picked up.

"Jiwoo what happened? Is she okay? Tell me everything." PD-nim said. Jiwoo calmly tried to tell him as much as she knew. Hyerim went to Got7's showcase to talk to Jackson about her album because Jackson seemed to have made the choice for her, but suddenly the lights went out on stage and the doors were jammed making her stuck in there. It is suspected that Hyerim was pushed off stage by someone because there was no other explanation for it...or at least that's how Jiwoo wanted to see it. Some staff claim that she could have fallen while trying to find a way out, but Jiwoo refused to believe so. One of the nurses patted her shoulder.