Chapter 43 - Debut (Part 1) : Impending

The public vote for my promotion songs ended on Friday

The public vote for my promotion songs ended on Friday. There was a huge meeting today about how my debut, happening in three days, would be carried out.

"We closed the polls at noon today and here are the following results." Hyojin-manager pulled up several pie charts and graphs. "As evidently shown in the graphs, we can see that Hyerim's duet with Mark takes up almost 60% of the votes. Majority of public of ranging from ages 10 to 50 seemed to prefer this song over any of the others."

I wasn't surprised, but rather uncomfortable that I might have to perform with Mark.

"Excuse me, could you explain how the poll was conducted?" One of the staff asked.

"We put up a public poll on every JYP social media site and Eli's Fan's account on Monday that included a 30-second preview of each song in the mini-album. Then we asked the public to choose their first and second preferences. That is why we removed the album spoiler for teasers and released the tracklist pretty early." Jaeyoung-manager explained. "Here's the tracklist for reference."

"Subsequently, her duet with Junior takes second place taking up 20% of the votes

"Subsequently, her duet with Junior takes second place taking up 20% of the votes. Although it's significantly less than the first, it still takes up a lot of votes considering that the remaining 20% was split between her other songs and 'no preference'." Hyojin-manager continued.

"Seems like those will be the two we'll be going with." JYP flipped his pen around in his hand. "I think one month of promotion for her debut song, and two and a half weeks per non-title track is a good amount of time to get her exposed to the public. Of course there will be interviews, magazine shoots, and other side promotional events."

"Any possibility in extending promotions?" A staff asked.

"The only possibility of that will be her music ranking. Our goal landing a spot in top 5 at least for a week or two, but if she happens to rank 1st, we'll see about extending it. We don't want to be pessimistic, but it's rare for a new artist to rank 1st on debut tracks so I'd say the chances of promotion extension are low." Hyojin continued.

"She will be the first female artist we debut since Miss A. Their incredible 22 day first win is a lot to look up to, but we'll still be aiming for that trophy." Jaeyoung commented.