Chapter 41 - We Don't Talk Anymore

Sungjae and I headed to the cafeteria to eat our lunch. I didn't feel like eating anything but Sungjae was literally shoving food down my throat.

"I don't want to eat." I said with a mouthful of food.

"Well we gotta get some food in that system." Sungjae said taking a big bite out of his own food.

"This is more than I eat on a usual basis. I'm gonna get an indigestion this way." I tried to swallow everything I had in my mouth.

"Is something wrong?" He asked quietly.

"Why..why do you ask?" I swallowed.

"Do you think I don't know you?" He put his chopsticks down. "First off, you're super worn out and you've never been this exhausted before. Even the days you were super tired, you found energy from God knows where, and it's always enough to energize the people around you. Second, you literally came to me and asked for alcohol. You out of all people. That's clearly a sign that something is wrong."

"Nothing's.." I gulped.

"I won't press you anymore for an answer since it seems like you won't tell me." He sighed. "But I thought you'd at least tell me even though you smile in front of others." He was about to get up, but I held onto his arm.pulling him back down.

"I can't tell you." I whispered.

"Does it have to do something with the Got7 hyungs and members?" Sungjae put a hand on mine. "I saw Jackson briefly earlier before I saw you this morning, he just looked at you sadly. I thought you two and Mark were good friends..."

"We just... we don't talk anymore." I let a tear flow down. "Please don't ask me about it."

Sungjae sat down, and hugged me, putting a hand on my head.

"Cry it out if you need to. I won't judge." He said patting my head. I ended up bawling my eyes out.

"It's okay. It's okay." Sungjae said.

Practice didn't last long afterwards. Eunji accepted that I wasn't in a good condition to practice and gave me the rest of the day off, making sure that I promise her I'll be in a better state tomorrow.

"What are you going to do now?" Sungjae asked calmly.

"Probably just go back to the dorm." I sniffled, frankly embarrassed about what happened over lunch.

"Why don't you take a walk? I find that helpful when I'm sad." Sungjae shrugged. "We can go get some tea and cakes in the cafe just around the block. Sugar is a medicine for sadness you know."

"Alright, but you're buying." I packed my stuff and began to head out the lobby with Sungjae. We walked around the block to the cafe nearby.

"Hey Cube is pretty nearby, and I want to change out of my clothes cause I'm sweaty and feel disgusting in them. Wanna stop by there first?" Sungjae suggested. "I also felt my wallet there now that I think about it."

"Nah, I'll just wait inside." I said.

"Are you sure you'll be okay?" He asked nervously.

"I'll be fine. I'm not a little kid. I'll just go inside, and sit in a private room until you get back." I shrugged.

"Call me if anything happens. I'll be back in ten minutes." Sungjae started running with his backpack towards Cube. I pushed open the doors to the cafe only to find a long line in front of the waiter. I sighed and pulled out my phone as I stood at the end of the line but I realized that it was dead.

"I guess I forgot to charge it last night." I sighed. I turned around to look at the glass door, wondering when Sungjae would come. Instead I saw a familiar car pull up. The person who got out was.. Hyunseung-sunbae.