Chapter 28 - Fighting Back (Part two)

I heard a knock on my door and went to go open it. Jiwoo-unnie was standing there with a ton of food.

"Thought you might be hungry." She smiled. We sat in the kitchen eating one food after another. "You excited about the Christmas party next week?" I nodded. "Do you know JYP changed it to a 'Friends Special'?"

"A 'Friends Special'?" I asked.

"Yeah. It used to be like our Red Carpet festival where people in the company asked each other and stuff, but now because of all the rumor, we are changing it to inviting friends outside of the company." She explained.

"So it's basically my fault traditions are changed."

"No. The 'Friends Special' is always a backup if something is going on at the company. It's also not your fault because it's not the first time we had to use this as a substitute."

"I think I screwed up everything for everyone."

"No. Everyone has to overcome some kind of sadness or hardship. This is just your time."

"But does everyone cause a huge problem and drag everyone they care about into it?"

"Look Hyerim-ah, nobody in the company blames you and nobody thinks it's your fault. It's going to be over soon. Luck is already on our side because the press believes in us. We have a reputation so the odds are on our favor too." Jiwoo-unnie put a hand on my shoulder. "JYP will protect you. If no one else will stand with you, at least I will."

"Yeah, I know." I replied. I stared at our living room remembering the fun we all had in Got7's dorm.

"Hey so um, I've been talking to Kim Manager about all this and he told me something." Jiwoo unnie cleared her throat. "I've been telling him it's nonsense, but he's sure that you and Mark have something going on between you two." I looked right back at her. "It's not true is it?"

"We're both under contract." I simply stated.

"Hyerim-ah, don't make it sound like I don't know you. Are you two a thing?" She repeated. Before I could make any sort of answer, Jiwoo got a phone call. She briefly left her spot and I just looked at my social media while she left. Recently I was barely on anything.

But the comments surprised me.

'I knew you were innocent Hyerim-unnie! Fighting! Waiting for your debut~'

'Hoping you're safe and okay'

'I'm so sorry for doubting you even though I'm a fan >< From now on I'll support you!'

'Really glad that you and Hyunseung aren't actually dating. The age difference bothered me a bit. Fighting on the debut album!'

'Wish for the best unnie!'

All the hate disappeared from my social media sites which confused me. I looked at allkpop and saw that my name made headlines again.

Eli's name finally cleared from scandal

I didn't believe it.

"Hey have you seen the news yet?" Jiwoo unnie said after ending her call. I nodded. "JYP thoroughly explained the truth. I told you things will get better."

"But this all happened so quickly.. who knows if the people will go against me again."

"The truth is, while you were in America, Hyunseung threatened us. He told us that he will date you whether you like it or not and thankfully he did it in the meeting rooms where everything is recorded. JYP released that to the press and it cleared your name."