2

Chapter 2

She kissed like a temptress! Muntik na akong madala sa halik na iyon, ngunit pinigilan ko. I held her arms to push her away, and looked at her.

"What are you doing?" I asked incredulously. Her eyes were closed, and she kept wobbling.

"Ardy..." narinig kong sambit niya. Agad na nagdilim ang paningin ko. I knew who she referred to. It was Gerard, the husband of Shayla. I knew she was in love with Gerard, but she preferred to stay away from him, unlike her friend Angela. Angela, on the other hand, was persistent in breaking Gerard and Shayla apart.

Alam kong nagsalubong ang kilay ko. I felt angry and jealous of Gerard. I pulled Katniss with me as I walked out of the bar.

"No! I don't want to go yet!" She tried to pull her hand away from me.

"Ihahatid na kita sa Hotel Centro. Kung pabayaan kita, baka kung ano pa ang mangyari sa'yo dito. Makokonsenysa pa ako!" Patuloy ako sa paglalakad. "Your boss probably doesn't even know you're here." I said, and stopped to face her. 

Nabangga siya papunta sa akin at napaluhod. She accidentally bumped her face and held on to my middle without realizing it. I felt a sensation there, but I tried to control myself. This was not the right time to have a hard on! I held her arms again to guide her to stand up.

She wobbled as she stood.

"Let's go. I'm sure your boss will be worried of your whereabouts, and wouldn't be so happy if he'd find out you're with me." I just simply said, and dragged her with me.

"He doesn't love me because he's happily married with kids, and I accept that." I heard her muttered behind me.

Tumigil ako sa paglalakad at hinarap siya. "If you accept it, why are you here making a fool of yourself?" I impatiently crossed my arms, as I scornfully watched her wobbled.

"I am not making a fool of myself!" She denied as her long thin nose turned pink with mortification.

"Yeah, right!" I sardonically said. "It seemed like you're trying to convince yourself, not me. For all I know bukas ay babalik ka din naman sa amo mo at susunod sunod na parang in love na aso, or should I say, campaign bitch? What a pity." I pursued to insult her.

Ewan ko ba pero gusto kong sabihin sa kanya na hindi siya dapat nagkakaganito dahil lamang kay Gerard. Pero mas matindi pa ang nasasabi ko sa kanya. Nadadala na rin siguro ako ng galit at inggit ko kay Gerard at sa magagandang bagay na nangyayari sa buhay nito, tulad na lang ng reyalidad na nasa kanya ang pinakamamahal kong si Shayla.

"Will you just shut up?" inis niyang sinabi sa'ken. "Hindi ako sunud sunuran kay Ardy! In fact, I resigned!" Galit niyang sinabi at hahampasin dapat ako pero pinigilan ko ang kamay niya.

"Careful, Ms. Delano. Who knows, tomorrow, sa'ken ka na pala nagtatrabaho." I smirked.

"Sa ugaling mong yan, hinding hindi ako maga-apply sa'yo!" Irita niya pang sabi, saka tumalikod sa'ken.

"Where are you going? Hotel Centro is this way?" I followed her to pull her again and walk towards the direction of Hotel Centro where she was checked in.

"Ano ba?" hinablot niya ang kamay niya mula sa akin. "Hindi na nga ako mags-stay sa Hotel Centro dahil nag-resign nga ako. Ayoko na bumalik don!" Aniya at saka muling pumasok sa loob ng bar, pagewang gewang nitong tinungo ang table kung saan kanina ay naroon ang mga babaeng sinabi niyang kakilala niya, ngunit wala na ang mga ito. Napansin kong parang may hinahanap siya at kinausap pa niya ang isa sa mga waiter.