N I N E

Michael was more responsive.Smiling a bit more,less flinchy.

Maybe he wasn't talking yet but baby steps.Baby steps would do.

What shocked the boys most was that they didn't have to force food into him,he willingly ate a couple of grapes a day,maybe some chicken or noodles.

But he didn't gain any weight.No matter how much he ate or how little he didn't gain anymore,sometimes even loosing more.

He wasn't throwing up the food,the boys where sure of it.

The doctor said that his metabolism was abnormally fast so no matter how much he ate with would most likely be digested just as quickly.

They gave him food supplements and what not,to test out what could work.

He was better.Slightly.

"Mikey,where you at?"He heard a familiar voice.His head perked up from Jack's chest as he scrambled up.

"mikkkkkeeeey"Chrissy ran into the room,engulfing the taller boy in a hug."I can't believe they've kept me away for so long"

Michael placed his chin on her head,closing his eyes.

"hey don't get upset"She told him standing on her tippy toes to wipe his tears.

-

"B-bye"Michael mumbled to Chrissy.She gaped at him.

"Mikey I'm so proud of you, you gotta talk more now,okay?"He nodded.She kissed him on the cheek before running out of the room screaming for Alex.

Michael walked over to the window staring out at the city.

He remembered when he would stare out at the city he was in,trying to spot the arena he was excited to play in.
Of course he had his sadness on tour but the playing on stage let him forget about it a little bit.

He remembered how the boy's would literally have to drag him away from the windowsills he would sit at when writing.

He remembered how they would all stare out in amazement,couldn't  help but think,they made it.

Michael hoped that maybe somewhere the boys where looking out a window thinking the same thing.

-

"We have to get him back"Luke announced walking into the room.

"If you haven't noticed,Luke,everyone around him hates us .There is no way they're even letting him join again"Calum glared at the blonde boy.

"We're not going to get anywhere fighting like this Lads"Ashton butted in.Calum only sighed walking over to sit on the windowsill,Michaels favourite place.

He remembered Michael excitedly running over to the window,dropping his bags on the way and staring at the lights lighting up the city from darkness.The twinkle of happiness in Michaels eyes made him smile.

He remembered how he kissed Michael for the first time against a window,pressing the smaller boy against it as the kiss deepened

He remembered how Ashton came over to him placing his hand on his shoulder before whispering 'we'll get him back' ,Luke standing guiltily beside him.

They hoped that maybe somewhere Michael was looking out a window thinking about the same thing.

-

"A-Alex"Michael mumbled trying to get the boy's attention.Alex's head snapped up to see who was calling him.

"Mikey,did you just"Alex gasped.Michael nodded instantly being pulled onto Alex's lap.

"I'm so proud of you" He exclaimed."you're getting so much better,I have to call Mrs.Hemmings"he quickly got up.