16 Reyna-Finding Grace

It had been a whole day since she realized Grace was missing. 

“Jace, have you seen Grace?” Reyna asked looking up from the decorations Graham approved.

“No, maybe she’s on set. Vic had to go to rehearsal, right?  Aren’t they in that movie together?”  Jacey answered with her mouth full of hors d'oeuvres.  She pointed at the dish with the sun dried tomatoes. “What is this?” she asked the caterer.

“Baked Camembert with Sun-Dried Tomatoes, ma’am.” She answered looking up from the dish.

“I like this. Simple and light. And Gracie loves tomatoes.  Alright, so what else do we have?” Jacey walked off with the caterer.               

Under normal circumstance, Jacey would be right.  The only time Grace disappeared was when she was working.  She returned her focus to the decorations.  Graham is just perfect with detail. Reyna lifted her head.  “Speaking of which, GRAHAM!” Reyna yelled.

After a few seconds without a response she yelled again, this time heading down the hall. “GRAHAM! WHERE ARE YOU?” Reyna peeked around the corner into the office.  “Where in the hell is that woman?” Reyna spoke under her breath.

Just a moment too soon…Her phone rang in her pocket.  “Graham, where are you?”  she said into the phone.

“Look up.”  Graham responded.  Reyna looked into the balcony that had been closed since she bought the club. Reyna was terrified of someone falling off in a drunken stupor so she never let Graham open it.

“Graham, get down from there!” Reyna yelled into the phone.

“Rey, relax. The Fire Marshall and Zetco just left.  The balcony is still in excellent condition and can hold up to 8 tons. But you don’t have to worry about that because only the DJ station will be up here. It will leave more room for the Grace’s VIP section on the second level.” Graham pointed at the second floor where she was having the DJ booth removed.

Reyna smiled and shook her head.  Graham was just too much sometimes.  “You’re doing too much.  I’m starting to wonder why I’m here.”

“Isn’t that why you hired me?”  Graham asked looking down at Reyna.

Reyna laughed and hung up. She loved Graham.  She waved her phone at Graham and watched her grab a clipboard and sign something the caterer brought to her.  The woman was an entertainment genius.

Reyna looked at the face of her phone.  It was almost 9 o’clock. She walked to the kitchen to find Jacey.

“Babe, I’m going to head home. It’s getting late and I’m tired.”  Reyna said loudly as she walked through the double doors.  

Jacey came from around the counter to meet her.  “You want me to come with you? I’m all done here.” She wrapped her arms around Reyna. 

“It’s alright, babe.  It’s Friday night. Have fun with the girls.  I am just beat. I’ll see you when you get home.” She leaned in and kissed Jacey and walked from the kitchen.  She felt bad for lying to Jacey, but she had to figure out what was going on with her sister.  After the information Graham gave her yesterday she had to find her.