5- Reyna (Success)

She watched as Grace and Graham crossed the street.  Making sure they crossed okay.  Reyna grabbed her cell phone dialing Victoria’s number.  It rang three times before Victoria answered sounding like she’d been awakened by the call.  Reyna thought about it.  It was 2 o’clock in the morning; chances were she was asleep by the phone waiting for Grace to call her. “Hello” the deep voice answered. 

“Hey, Vic.  Sorry to wake you.  I would have sent you a text but these damn buttons get smaller when I’ve been drinking.”” Reyna said laughing.  Victoria giggled a little before responding.  “You’re so silly girl.  What’s up?  Is my baby okay?” 

“Physically, she is fine, but I am not going to lie, Vic, she is pretty hurt.  She is going to stay at my place tonight.  I am going to make her a big breakfast when we wake up in the afternoon.”  Reyna said trying to contain her laugh.  “I want her to be in a good mood for you tomorrow.  She told me about the fight.  Ya’ll have a lot of talking to do.  I’ll call you when she is on her way.”   Reyna said.  “Ok.”  Victoria replied. “Talk to you tomorrow, in-law.  Love you.” 

“Alright now.  Love you too.” Reyna replied right before she hung up the phone.   Reyna loved Victoria.  She is the one who got those two together.  She knew Victoria would be a good match for her sister from the day she met her. But lately she wondered if she made a poor call.  Here it is two years later and her sister has fallen in love with a woman who doesn’t pay attention to her.  She turned to her wife of 8 years, Jacey.  Jacey was the reason behind all of Reyna’s success.  The five foot nine inch butch bombshell met Reyna when she was at her weakest and pushed her to reach her to pursue the dream of owning a bar.  All the while, Jacey owned half of the LGBT entertainment industry and did not tell Reyna until she had reached her goals and beyond.  Now they owned seventy percent of the clubs and bars in San Antonio together.  Now Jacey was focusing on her dream of becoming a basketball player for the WNBA. 

“Jace, if you ever neglect me, remember, it’s ‘til death do us part.”  Reyna said putting emphasis on death making everybody at the table laugh hysterically. 

“Reyna,” Jacey commanded.  “My love for you has grown with each passing day that we spend together.  Why would I cheat myself out of more love?”  The girls awed and the others booed.  Reyna smiled.  “She’s so mushy.” 

Jacey smiled from ear to ear knowing that she had pleased Reyna with the compliment. Reyna winked at her.  She loved Jacey.  They had gone through some rough patches as any other couple would but they made it through them.  They were so good together, widely known as San Antonio’s LGBT power couple of entertainment. Besides there was only one other person who could handle Reyna and that was Grace. 

“Hey Nita, have you seen Emmelia?”  Reyna asked. 

“Nah, last I saw her she was with Graham and Grace headed for the bathroom.  But you know Emmelia and her drama.  Sarah’s crazy ass is probably in there with her hemmed up somewhere.”  Nita shook her head while the rest of the crew laughed. 

“Erica, take Joey to the bathroom and make sure Emmy isn’t ‘hemmed up somewhere’.  Would you?”  Erica nodded grabbing Joey’s hand and leading her into the club.

Reyna may not like everybody in her circle of friends, but they were still her circle which meant they had to be okay.  Besides, Graham would flip if something happened to her precious Emmy. 

“Hey Reyna, what’s going on with Grace?  Is she going to be single soon?” Alyssa asked. 

“I don’t know Lyss, why are you trying to get your feelings hurt?”  The table erupted in laughter as Reyna smiled in her direction.  “Nah, I just wanted to make sure she was alright is all.”

“Alright, Lyss.  Don’t get any ideas.”  Reyna winked at her.

“Hey Me and Vic aren’t the only ones that want to mend your broken hearts.  You know ya’ll are sexy, babe.  This isn’t news.” Jacey yelled out at Reyna.

“I’ll be sure to keep that in mind the next time Lyss’ head is in my shirt.  She is just mending my broken heart babe.”  Reyna laughed. “Hey I couldn’t even be mad at her for that.” Jacey stated as the table agreed jokingly. 

Reyna looked around the table.  She may not like everybody in her circle, but they all knew how to have fun.