Jesse

As Jesse looked over her lost city, she felt pity, for it had been demolished. She had just warned her friend Olympia to stay away from their lost city. She knew it was toxic, but did her friend? What happened to their city? A science experiment gone bad, that's what! The scientists thought they could create an immortal human, but failed, destroying the town of Olympia Vincent and Jesse Luck. They weren't very "luck"y today. They had lost everything. Their families, friends, pets, food, and shelter. The water was now intoxicated and no longer drinkable. The girls only had each other and Jesse's horse.

"What now?", that was Jesse.

"I want to go check that out!", of course that was Olympia's reply.

The two 13 year old girls sat together; Jesse had told Olympia more than once not to go back to the city. Man, she doesn't listen! Jesse was clearly the more mature of the two, but she was younger than Olympia. Olympia had wandered away by now, so Jesse was all alone. Jesse sat for a minute, thinking, before she felt someone's breath on her neck. It was too warm to be the wind. She whipped around to find a boy standing beside her.

"Hi", said the young man.

"Wh-who a-are y-you?", Jesse finally choked out.

"I'm Forrest, what's your name?"

"I'm Jesse, I've never seen you around, are you new here?"

"Yeah, just moved here from Colorado."

"That's cool."

"Yeah, but what happened here?"

Jesse quickly explained leaving out a few small details, she had promised she would tell no one these details. No matter how much you trust them. She didn't know Forrest very well, so it was easy to keep out these details. Her sister, Rosemary, had questioned her, and it was hard to lie. Jesse got away with it, though.

Jesse looked around, suddenly realizing that Olympia had been gone for quite some time now. "I have to go! See you around, Forrest?". "Sure."

With that Jesse bolted down the trail to where her pintaloosa mustang, Raining Sweethearts (Rain for short), was waiting. She quickly bridled the horse before jumping up softly to the horses bare back and galloping gracefully at full speed down a dirt trail that she saw fresh footprints.

The video above is Jesse and Raining Sweethearts galloping.

As Jesse galloped down the dirt trail she heard something, Olympia! She was in trouble! Jesse had to find Olympia before she got hurt! She quickly slowed Rain to listen for the rest of the signal. Nothing!? Rats! She waited a bit longer, but heard something that terrified her, footsteps... But not the soft padding of Olympia. Where was she? Why had she wandered away? Ugh! She had to find Olympia before anyone else did!

Forrest? Was that really him? He was on a bay horses that looked like a quarter horse. Stallion? He was chasing her!  What was happening? Then she heard him! "STOP!" There was so much force in his voice. And something more, she just couldn't catch it, though. It was not anger... Or hatred. Nor was it confusion, he sounded confident. Like he knew something more than she.

Forrest finally caught up to Jesse and whispered something in her ear. She looked surprised. "Really!?" " Yes, really!" He exclaimed. "They took my brother Kole, as well!" There was pity and sadness in his soft, soothing voice. Why did he enchant Jesse so much?

A little while later, they were walking their hot horses. His stallion seemed to Rain. It was so cute, and so was Forrest. Wait!? Jesse likes Forrest? Not possible! Ooh, but it was possible.