Valentine's Day

Happy V-Day y'all 💖 Since I'm posting this on Valentine's Day, that means there won't be a short tomorrow like usual. But I plan on having Part 3 of the M'lady series up on Friday, so for now, enjoy this fluffy Warfstache moment~

P.S. This story isn't related to the previous Warfstache short.

The word "love" is often used in ways much less significant than its true original meaning. It's supposed to be a special feeling, unlike any other, like that of attraction, desire, addiction, need, care, guardianship, all beautifully designed into one intoxicating emotion. Love is felt passionately for and between many things, but the most misconcepted part of love is that for another person. Having a crush is one thing; you can find someone attractive just from a single glance and have the image lingering in your mind for days or even weeks. Knowing someone, truly knowing someone even from afar can somehow spark up this amazing, nagging, and painful inner reaction.

Now why exactly would someone like you be reading this and very reluctantly agreeing? It's February 14th, it's Valentine's Day. A day some person created centuries ago with good intentions, that has quite frankly sprouted into something grossly superficial around the globe. The general celebration of two lovers worldwide that's supposed to be extra special for this particular 24 hours has become a day of expensive expectations between couples. But who were you to judge? Simply a person on the sidelines watching it every year. It was bittersweet. Not having the stupid worry of what to do to meet the imaginary standards of a good valentine was nice. But no matter who you are, it kinda sucks when you don't have someone like that.

It's worse when you have someone in your life who you want to be that person. That's you.

The set seemed to be faintly splashed with more pink than normal. Roughly 60% of the people you encountered had unusually happy bubbles floating all around them while the rest were the direct opposite - borderline depressed. Their eyes were a robotic gray that stared at the red tile at a gloomy angle. You didn't want to catch either of these stigmas.

You paid a bit more attention and noticed the backstage whiteboard read "EXTRA SPECIAL GUEST" in black marker. Someone else with different handwriting had drawn some red hearts and a mustache underneath the text, a signature move. Who does he have today, you wondered, large notes of sarcasm singing in your thoughts.

"5 minutes! Show starts in 5 minutes, guys!" A sweaty producer with headphones ran frantically around the set as everyone got to their places.

The deep red curtain was still raised thankfully, which gave you and everyone else time to adjust before hitting the air. Your headset hung around your neck while you raised and loaded your weapon, also known as the camera, and other people scurried about around you. Though you had a fear of messing up, this was your job; focusing a camera lens on someone wasn't the hardest thing ever. Especially when the person in frame was so...rare. His appearance was eye-catching, but outside of the show business he was even more captivating to you, erasing all your peripheral vision and stealing heart with just a slight taste of conversation or a swift body movement of any sort.

But enough of that. There's a show that must go on.

The director counted down from 5 and everyone went silent until the applause sign lit up above the stage. The studio audience erupted in cheers as the curtain raised, revealing the man behind it all.

"Good evening ladies and gentlemen and aaaaaall other configurations of being. My name is Wilford Warfstache, and dare I say, Happy Valentine's Day everybody!" The pink headed mad-man growled with enthusiasm presenting yet another fabulous intro. You always smiled at how his mustache of a more pastel shade furiously danced on his lip whenever he spoke. "Now before we go on with our very special and very fitting interview, I wanna know who here has a 'Valentine' this year, eh? Come on! Let's see a show of haaands."