7

Luke's POV

I wake up in an unfamiliar room. I sit up and look around. I notice the oddly patterned carpet first. The plain beige walls. The small oak night stand's clock displays the time, 10:35 a.m. I roll out of the queen sized mattress and walk into the bathroom. I flip on the light, quickly using my hands as a shield for my eyes from the bright light. I pull down my boxers and use the restroom, finishing quickly and moving on to washing my hands. I take a second to look in the mirror, and I look horrible. My cheeks are flushed, and my lips slightly swollen. I attempt to fix my messy blonde hair, but it stays flat against my forehead. I look closely at my reflection in the mirror, studying my eyes. They're not the usual bright blue color, right now they're a really dark blue. The white of my eyes is red, and around my eyes, my skin is puffy and red. I turn on the faucet and cup my hands under the running water. I pull my hands up to my face and let the cold water wake me up. I grab one of the nearby hand towels and dry my face, before looking back into the mirror. I still look just as bad as before. I pause and I think about everything that happened last night. It all came rushing back to me, my mind replaying every moment I've ever had with Calum leading up to last night when he almost took his life. My eyes water up at the memory, I was hoping it was a nightmare, but it's true. I reluctantly leave the bathroom and step outside into the small two-bed hotel room. I look at the messy sheets on my empty bed, and to the right, I admire the small tanned boy laying atop the snowy white sheets. I stare at his shirtless back and his toned muscles while taking small steps toward him, until I'm standing at the side of Calum's bed. My knees give out and I fall to the floor. I almost lost this boy last night, I barely manage to think those words. But it's true. I go back to sleep so I don't have to think about this anymore, even though I know it will haunt my dreams. I crawl in the small space next to Calum, and wrap my arms around his waist and pull him close. I feel my eye lids get heavy and start to close, but I don't fight it.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Third Person POV

To: Lukey

When did you say you were picking me up again?

To: Cally

I'll be there at 6

To: Lukey

okay ! I love you babe xoxo

To: Cally

Love you to sunshine xx

Calum blushes as he reads Luke's text. He checks the time, it's 5:30 p.m., so he has half an hour to do any last minute preparations for him and Luke's first date. Calum walks over to his bed and fishes around under the covers for his phone charger. When Calum came home after Luke dropped him off, his mom explained to him that his dad wouldn't be living with them for a while. Calum and his mom, Joy cried and talked and they eventually made up. Joy apologized for everything her husband told their son yesterday and for how she didn't do anything to stop him. Calum finally opened up to her and told Joy about Luke. Calum regrets it, because she is going to embarrass him when Luke comes to pick him up. He let's his thoughts run wild as he stands in front of his over the door mirror. He analyzes his outfit. Luke said to dress fancy, so Calum finally gets to use the gray suit in the back of his closet. He never went to an occasion where he was required to dress up. He blocked out all the negative voices that were trying to bring him down. Calum admires himself in the mirror.

Luke fixes his hair for the hundredth time. He needs everything to be perfect for Calum. He grabs his phone and calls the restaurant, Luke wants to make sure he has the reservation. After a short and quick conversation with the host, he assures Luke that he has the reservation. It's 5:45 p.m., Luke holds his stomach trying to ignore the butterflies. He goes into the bathroom and brushes his teeth. He grabs his jacket and looks at himself one last time before closing his door and rushing to his car. He adjust his mirrors and double checks everything. Luke pulls out his keys and starts the car. He reaches in his pocket, he didn't want to leave his wallet at home. After Luke is positive he has everything he needs he backs out of his driveway and begins to make the short trip to go and see his favorite person.

Calum's POV

"Cal, your date is outside!" My mom calls out to me.

"O-oh okay. I'll be down right now. Please don't embarrass me!" I plead as I hear a knock on the door.

"I promise I won't embarrass you that much."

I shake my head while letting out a small chuckle. I love my mom so much. I look at my reflection for the last time. I need to make sure I look alright. I put on chapstick and I grab my wallet and close my door.

"Okay Luke I'm ready. Mom please tell me you do- wow" I start to say as I come around the corner. "You look really good Luke," I tell him, even though im sure he already knows. My mom is just looking back and forth between us while me and Luke just stare at each other.

"Uh thank you. You look really good too." Luke says quietly, biting his lip as he looks me up and down.

"Are you ready to go?" I ask Luke ignoring the fact I was blushing.

"Yeah, yeah! Let's go," Luke says turning toward the door. "Oh, and it was so nice to meet you Mrs. Hood. I'm sure I will see you again soon." Luke says with a polite smile.

"It was nice to meet you too Luke! Please treat Calum well," my mom says giving Luke a small hug.

"Okay we're leaving. Goodbye mom I love you. I'll see you later." I say giving my mom a kiss on the cheek and a hug. I look over to Luke to see him standing awkwardly near the door. I let go of my mom and walk over to Luke and grab a hold of his hands. We walk out the door together and my mom closes it behind us.

a/n sorry it took me forever to update this but I'm finally beginning to get back into this book. I ended it here, because I'm not going to get into detail, sorry. I'm going to begin to write the next chapter soon and it will be published shortly. I love you all xoxo,, Quianna

P.S. the book will be ending soon. Keep in mind it his a short story.