epilogue

Dear Luke,

I'm sorry. I'm so sorry Luke. I'm so fuckin sorry. I don't even know what to say to you except I'm sorry...I know I told you I would stay, I tried but everything just kept going wrong. It's not your fault. You were the only good thing in my shitty life. Please never blame yourself, that's the last thing I would want you to do. I love you more than anything in my life. You are my sun, my moon, and my stars. You are my light, my reason to be. I'm sorry I left you, I had to do it. I know it's hard for you to understand and no matter how hard you try you will never fully comprehend how much I hated my life. I hated everything, but you saved me. You showed me how there is happiness in the world. I never thought I would be happy, but you showed me otherwise. You showed me how great it is to smile again. As cliché and romantic as this sounds it's true, you helped me trust again. You taught me how to love and that not all relationships are bad. You fixed me, yo made me whole again. You safety pinned the pieces of my broken heart back together. As much as you were helping me, and I was getting better I really was. My ex came back, Ashton. He abused me...mentally and physically. He came back. He is back. That night on the bridge I saw him again. My parents had yelled at me and him on top of it just made it worse. I was done. I had to leave, and that's what I tried to do until I met you. You changed everything. And I had the most amazing time whenever I was with you. I forgot about ashton, my parents and anything bad that has ever happened to me. You are my happiness. But when you would leave I was faced with reality again. That time without you was too much to bear and....
I'm so sorry to do this to you Luke. Please don't blame this on yourself. Go out and find someone who will stay with you and be able to love you more than I could and can make you happier than I ever did.

I love you,
Calum