Chapter 14: Hurt a girl's whopping hand!

~~Chapter 14: Hurt a girl's whopping hand!~~

“You didn’t miss me too much, did you Indie?”

          I stared in complete shock at the man I had to constantly keep reminding myself that I would absolutely never ever see again for the rest of my life. Nevertheless, even with my constant reassurance, here he stood at my doorstep.

          I pointed an accusing finger and him and titled my head in one direction trying to see if I could somehow make him disappear by just looking at him from a different angle. “Y-You….b-but…I….how?”

          Kamen grinned and leaned up against the side of my door, obviously enjoying my confusion about this whole situation.

          “Yep,” He smiled my way. “It’s me, no need to worry about me never finding you ever again.”

          I growled and wanted to tell him that I would never—not in a million years—ever be happy to see his pretty boy face ever again. But, I had bigger and more demanding questions in my head.

          “How d-did you k-know where I l-lived?” I asked in disbelief gripping the door tightly ready to swing it close if he made any signs of coming in here.

          Kamen finally broke his gaze off of me and looked past me inside my house. I watched him closely and frowned when I watched his face began to fall slowly.

          “This is where you live? I figured it was just some old shed you come to whenever you’re pissed—hints the redness in your face.” Kamen said casually while my face heated up even more.

          I opened my mouth ready to explain when Kamen began to chuckle. “I’m just kidding, Indie. It’s not your fault you live in a dump—not to mention that this is a horrible neighbor.”

          I couldn’t argue with him on that. This wasn’t the safest place for two college girls to live that is for sure. Let’s just leave it at that—I don’t want to go into detail about anything else that goes on around here.

          “Let me guess,” I growled. “You had your personal slave tell you where I live, isn’t that right?”

          I knew I shouldn’t have put my address on that form I had to fill out when I was waiting in the waiting room before my interview with Nick. I should have just left in blank so I could avoid problems like these.

          Kamen’s head shot up and his eyebrows went up in confusion. He even made this simple movement want to make me melt, but I pushed the thoughts away quickly and focused on my anger towards him instead.

          “I do not own a personal slave, Indie.”

          “Then how did you get Nick Alvis—one of the biggest publishing company owners in the west coast- wrapped around your precious little finger?” I asked. Honestly, I had no idea how we came up on this subject. It only took a couple of sentences to completely change the whole mood of the air. It was as if the dinner and the four days we had been apart had never happened and we were arguing about something stupid like we had been doing the whole time that day.

          Kamen shrugged. “You aren’t as stupid as you appear. Honestly, I thought I could creep you out by knowing where you live and you freaking out because you have no way of knowing how I knew that. Oh well, the fun doesn’t last forever I guess.”

          I couldn’t help but bar my teeth at him in anger. “What the hell are you doing here!?”

          Kamen laughed and took one step inside my house and I reacted to the sudden movement immediately. Before I knew it my hand that was once gripping the side of the door so tightly was no slamming it shut with much force. I expected the door to come and smack Kamen right in his big nose—but like always what I thought and/or wished would happen, of course didn’t.