Chapter 6: Coffee man has immigrants

~~Chapter 6: Coffee man has immigrants.~~

My day only gets worse as we pull up to this man's house. To my dismay, it is a beautiful house. It wasn't like an entire mansion with a freaking swimming pool on the roof. It was just a cozy small house in what I hoped to be a nice neighborhood, but based on what I know about this guy-which is nothing-I can't really say for sure. The only thing that I would change about the whole scenery is the houses around in general. Every house was literally three feet apart from each other leaving the only yard space you were allowed to work with was your front or back yard. But hey, what do I know? I don't even have a house of my own. I am stuck with the same insane roommate I've had since college.

Other than that little fact, the house was stunning. It had a fresh white exterior with flowers beds positioned right around the house along with a tall water fountain in the freshly cut front yard. The flowers were exotic and came in all sizes and colors, definitely not your normal tomato and daffodil plants.

We pulled up into the garage and right when the car stopped I watched in dismay as coffee man locked the door. I slumped back into my seat in anger, I had already planned to bust right through these doors as soon as he had stopped the car, looked like that wasn't going to work now.

"Is this your house?" I asked praying that he wouldn't say yes. The house was too beautiful for a slime ball like him to bask in.

"Of course it is." Coffee man said as if I was stupid, which I'm more than positive he already thought I was.

"Why are we here? I have stuff I need to-"

"For two seconds can you please just shut up and listen for once in your life! I've been listening to you talk about nothing for the past ten minutes!" Coffee man turned around and gave me an accusing glare from the front seat. I eyed him carefully before plastering my arms across my chest in annoyance. Did I really talk that much?

Coffee guy took his oh-so-precious time waiting to see if I was going to speak up or not. His chestnut eyes inspected me closely making me suddenly feel insecure about myself. Why did he constantly have to look at me like I was some dirt on his shoe? I was about to lecture him about that as well but held my tongue remembering that I had to be quiet, shit, I hate being quiet.

"Now, as I-"

"Mr. Kamen?"

My head perked up in alert as a sudden tapping started away on coffee man's window along with an unfamiliar voice.

"Mr. Kamen?" The voice said louder probably afraid that we couldn't hear them through the rolled up windows.

Coffee guy groaned and turned his attention to the faint voice coming from the other side of his window. I sat up and watched as coffee guy rolled his window down revealing a girl about my age bending down chewing on her lip anxiously.

The girl looked about the same age as me. She had dark black hair that was pulled back in a ponytail but still reached down past her shoulder blades. I could tell by the color of her skin that she was probably Mexican, but as far as I'm concerned she sounded perfectly American to me. The girl had deep brown eyes that almost looked black from far away. I couldn't help but notice how nervous this girl looked. She was basically gnawing on her lower lip and was constantly fumbling around with the hem of her white apron. Trust me when I say this, it is not because she is Mexican at all, but my first guess was that she was probably this idiot's maid because of the apron she was wearing. Weird, she seemed rather young to already be giving up her future and becoming a maid for tightwads like this guy.

"What is it, Cece?" Coffee guy asked his eyes closed and teeth clenched.

"Um, I wanted- I mean- my mother wanted to ask you if....well, if you wanted to-"