Chapter 23: The Bircotchy's

~~Chapter 23: The Bircotchy's~~

“Damn, that girl gained same weight since I last dumped her.” I didn’t answer, even though I wanted to retort on how cruel and childish he was being, but I held my tongue as best as I could.

          “What was her name? Lori? Lana? Damn, she used to be the best dancer in the club. In the west coast that is. I guess she took our breakup harder than I expected.” Kamen was laughing so hard that he was on the verge of tears now.

          Kamen fell back onto the cheap bed not even bothering to help me unpack all of our clothes into the wooden dressers. He simply laid back on the bed with his hands behind his head and relaxed. Of course he was relaxing; this week was going to be nothing but fun for him. It was always all about him.

          “You alright, Indie? You’re being unusually quiet for someone who likes to nag me about every word that comes out of my mouth.”

          I bit my tongue harder and began folding clothes and putting them in dressers faster. I didn’t dare turn my head to look at him already knowing that all I would see was that venomous smirk on his lips.

          “Oh, I see now, you’re afraid you’re gonna end up fat and alone like Lucy when this is all over, huh? Yep, that is definitely it. Well—sorry Indie—I didn’t mean to scare you, honestly.”

          I dropped the dark purple top in my hands and watched it in slow motion drop to the floor. My hands were in balls at my side, my face was a deep cherry red, and everywhere I looked I saw red. That was the last straw.

          Before I knew what was happening I was turned around, facing Kamen with my fist high in the air.

          “For just one minute can you just shut you big mouth, get off your fat ass, and—“

          “Oh my!”

          Kamen and I both froze. Both of our heads looked towards the now open cabin door. My jaw sprung open and my eyes widened in shock. It was her.

          Becky Paley didn’t look any different from when I saw her a little over two months ago. She was still a short and tiny woman with bleach blonde hair that didn’t come even an inch below her shoulders. Her brilliant blue eyes were wide and she looked back between Kamen and I, a flustered expression on her face.

          “I see you two have arrived, and I must say, I’m not surprised you’re already causing a scene.” This time Becky’s hawk-like death glare was only on me. I slowly decided this was the best moment to put my hand back down at my side.

          Becky’s eyes instantly landed on me, “Hello Josephine, it has been awhile since I’ve seen you.”

          “Um yes, i-it certainly has.” I said.