Chapter 5: I never agreed to being a nice wife

~~Chapter 5: I never agreed to being a nice wife.~~

This was never the way it was supposed to go. I knew that immediately and regretted agreeing to this crazy idea as coffee man literally dragged me out of the building. I had it all planned out in my mind so perfectly that I thought nothing in the world could stop me from succeeding. I had spent all night figuring out what to wear, organizing my speech and anything I else I thought was necessary to prepare me for this interview but nothing could prepare me for handling with this kind of situation. I guess I didn’t have insane coffee guy’s wanting fake wives on my list of ‘things that could definitely screw up my day’. 

          “I’m not getting in there.” I tightly gripped the long pointy heels in my hands and say reluctantly for the millionth time it seems, but I didn’t care in the least. I wasn’t about to lose this battle.

          “Girl, get in the car!” Coffee man nearly screams right in the middle of the parking lot. I can tell he is getting frustrated, and that does nothing more but bring a bright smile to my face. He points his finger inside the passenger seat of his white Mercedes Benz and let me tell you now, it was a beautiful car. Like I would totally marry that car if it already wasn’t owned by coffee man that is how beautiful it is. Dam coffee man and his buckets loads of money! I bet that car is probably begging me to just shoot it till it blows up so it doesn’t have to look at coffee man ever again. I wish I could, buddy, I really do.

          “My name is Jo for the last time!” I growl from the other side of the parking lot. Not that I cared what he called me, after all, he was coffee man to me. But, I’d rather be called that ‘lil ol girl from Kansas’ before I even considered the nickname ‘girl’. Like come on, is that the best you could do? “Plus, I am not getting in that car! I have my own crappy one that I promise you, is a million times better than your old hunk of junk!”

          Ok that was the biggest lie ever; I hated my old red truck that I have had since I was eighteen. In Kansas, this piece of crap looked like the perfect and thoughtful moving out gift, but this was California. The only people this car would impress were hobos and people selling ramen noodles on the side of the street. But hey, Travis the red truck was better than no truck in my mind.

          “I told you fifteen minutes ago that we will come back for your worthless truck. But we need to get going, now!” Coffee man insisted while banging the hood of his car, not hard enough to damage it of course.

          You are wasting your stupid time, coffee man.

          “And I told you fifteen minutes ago that I am not getting in the car with a stranger! I’m not that dumb! Haven’t you heard of ‘stranger danger’?”

          Yep, this argument had been going on ever since coffee guy and I had stepped out of Alvis’s publishing company. And let me tell you this, the walk down here was torture. Following and taking orders from coffee guy was horrible, I’d rather eat a whole tub of mayonnaise before I take an order from him again.                  

          “Go this way, girl!”

          “Pick up your feet or you’ll fall flat on your face!”

          “Stop making your face that color!”

          Blah, blah, blah, blah…

          He was truly an idiot. Didn’t he realize him getting under my skin made my face look like a swollen bug bite!

          “Girl-“