Chapter 4

Pic of Ella^^

Ella's POV

Sarah looked like she wanted to badmouth us, but she didn't have the chance to because Ms. Roxanna's whistle cut her off.

'Ladies are we here to have a cat fight or are we here to practice?' Ms. Roxanna yelled at the three of us. 'Get your butts back in line or do 10 laps on the court.' We all hurriedly ran to the back of the line and continued practicing, forgetting the previous argument we just had. Tryouts soon came to an end, and we were all physically drained from the training we just endured.

'Ladies, I will be posting the list of girls that made the team in a week.' Coach Roxanna informed us. 'Go hit the showers and get the hell out of here.' Ray and I headed towards the locker room with my arms draped on Ray's shoulders. I was too tired to even walk on my own and now I have to teach a defense class at the gym. Remind me again why anyone would do this to themselves? Oh, that's right, being exhausted is part of the 'grown up' package. As soon as we reached the lockers, we stripped out of our sweaty clothes and I changed into my training shorts and a tank top.

'Do you want me to drop you off?' I ask Ray, as we head towards the parking lot. I know she's not ready to talk to Jay right now by the dreaded look that is clearly shown in her eyes.

'No it's okay, you have to get to the gym. I'll probably get a ride with Jay or something.' She replies with a defeated sigh.

'Ray I'm pretty sure five minutes won't hurt anyone,' I tell her. 'Plus your house is on my way to the gym and I doubt Al would mind if I'm a few minutes late.' Assuring her that my boss is also cool with me being a bit late.

'Alright, thank you.' She said giving me a small smile. 'Now come on let's head home, I want to eat a jar of Nutella after that practice.' Pulling me faster towards my bike, well someone is excited to have Nutella. I really don't get how she's so obsessed with it, I mean peanut butter is hands down so much better than Nutella but I would never say that to her because I value my life.

As we walked towards my bike, I saw Jay leaning on his car waiting for Ray to show up. He stood straight when he saw us approaching my bike, "you're not gonna ride with me?" He asks Ray, with a hint of hurt laced in his voice.

"Uh actually I was going to drop her off, you know cause it's on the way to the gym and stuff. Yeah, that's why." I speak on behalf of Ray, knowing she's not assed to do that.

'You're that mad at me?' He asks Ray again and completely disregards what I said. What the hell man? I was talking to him, how hurtful. He doesn't give Ray a chance to answer, gets in his car and drives away.

'Is it just me or was that so dramatic?' I pondered. 'I mean whoa this is like such a cliché scene from some cheesy romance movie you always force me to watch with you.'

She laughs at my lame attempt to make the awkward silence a little less awkward and says, 'Seriously Ella sometimes I wonder if you should be admitted to some kind of facility. You're so fucking weird.'

'Why thank you, madam.' I tip my imaginary hat. She shakes her head at me almost as if she was wondering why on earth we're friends. I'll have her know that I'm a fan-fucking-tastic friend to have, I thought cockily to myself. Well, occasionally I am.

After I dropped her home, I may or may not have sped like hell to get to the gym as fast as I could and I may or may not have gotten a speeding ticket.

'I'm here! I'm here!' I yell as I burst through the gym, almost giving two old ladies on the treadmill a heart attack. Snap, my bad. Okay so I did end up being five minutes late, and it's my first time so I really don't know how Al will act. Sure he's a chill guy but still, and sure I've been known him for like I don't know how many years and I mean he's like this really weird uncle to me but you know still.