Chapter 9

Ella's POV

Blake and I legally raced towards the gym, and by legally I mean we didn't exceed the speed limit by that much. Yours truly, being the obvious winner even if it's by a mere few seconds but nonetheless still the winner. So being the kind-hearted person that I am, I decided that gloating would be the perfect reward. Hopping off my motorbike after I parked it, I made way to Blake's car with a wide shit-eating grin on my face.

He saw me heading towards him and groaned out loud at my triumphant grin. Ha, what a sore loser.

'So Blake, how did the dust from my baby's ass taste like?' I asked inquisitively, leaning on the hood of his car attempting to be all cool and collected.

'First, there was no dust we barely exceeded the speed limit and second I can never win with you, can I?' He asked with what I think was amusement in his tone while pushing me from off his car and towards the gym.

'No you can't, and the faster you learn that the better this friendship will flow.' I replied mockingly. I turned towards him and I can see the smirk slowly forming on his lips. Why is this idiot smirking now?

'So we're friends now?' He retorted, effectively shutting me up with his know-it-all smirk. Crap, way to go idiot now this blockhead will think you're going to be making friendship bracelets soon. I mean, he's still a pain in my ass don't get me wrong but I don't hate him that much. Emphasis on 'that'.

'Don't get ahead of yourself; I still think ramming you with my motorbike sounds delightful but I guess you're growing on me. I mean I still need you to get a good grade, I can't really get to know my partner who's dead.' I replied offhandedly, hoping he won't notice my slight blush that I'm attempting to tamper down.

'Has anyone ever told you that you are very violent?'

'I may have heard it once or twice.'

Upon our arrival at the gym, we parted our ways as I made my way to my locker to change into my training outfit, while he went to greet his uncle and Ben. I slipped into my black Adidas training pants, paired with a black sports bra and a tank top that has 'Forget skinny, I'm training to be a bad ass' written on it. Ray got this shirt for my birthday last year, and I'm absolutely in love with it. Lastly, my favorite pair of worn out black with white stripes sneakers warped the entire together. All in all, I feel like I am going to kick ass in this outfit.

Once done transforming into a bad ass, I head towards the trios that were laughing at something, probably at Blake's face but not everyone sees my point of view. Al was the first to notice me, and stepped forward to greet me with a bear hug followed by Ben hugging my waist.

I chuckled at their actions because they never fail to make me feel unloved. 'So Benny are you ready for our training?' I asked the little guy to my right with my arms around his shoulders.

His face lit up with excitement and said, 'I was born ready!' then proceeded to head into the makeshift ring at the end of the gym to get ready followed by his Dad.

I think his added excitement was due to a certain person watching us train today. Speaking of said person, I turned towards Blake and said, 'I hope you know he's a tad bit more excited than usual because you're here.' The happiness from Blake radiated from his face at my words as he gave me a cheerful smile. I shook my head at his childish behavior and fought my own smile because his action was so adorable, I admitted unwillingly.

'He's a good kid.' Blake stated as he saw Ben ordering his Dad to hurry up with fixing his boxing gloves.

'He is.'