Part 1

May's P.O.V

First day back.

It's my first day back to Lonwards High School since it happened. My mother has been balling her eyes out 24/7, sometimes screaming at me, telling me what a selfish brat I am for doing what I did.

I'm up the steps, the familiar concrete steps that I would walk up five days a week. I open the doors. Everyone turns and sees me. Some are looking at my arms, some turning to talk to their friends, all the others pointing and laughing.

I take the walk, the walk of shame. I arrive at my locker. I spin the dial twice, reseting it. I don't remember my combination. Great, now I have to go walk to the guidance office, drawing attention to myself, to get him to print out my information.

I open the door and step inside.  Mr. Fluke is staring at me. There is a long pause. Feeling as if it had been an hour, he finally speaks up. "Ah, Ms. Hemmingwaze, I-I-I wasn't expecting you back today. What a delightful surprise!" He says, stumbling on his words. "Mhm." Is all I could mumble out of my breath.

"So what can I help you with?" He asks me. "Forgot my combo." I mutter. "Alrighty, let me print that out for you." He types on his computer and presses the left side of his mouse.  Eeeeer eeeer.  He pulls a piece of paper out from the printer. He hands it to me and gently smiles. I just nod my head and walk out.

•••

I walk into my first class. Everyone is staring at me.  I feel their judgemental eyes glaring at me. I sit down. I am settling down when a piece of paper plops onto my desk. I open it and read it. Wish you succeesed. No one wants you here, you stupid piece of shit. I feel the tears start gleaming down my face. I look over and see a group of girls gleaming over laughing at me. One with her phone out pointed directly at me, recording my reaction I'm assuming.

The teacher walks into the room and makes direct eye contact with me. I immediantly rush out of the room and into the restroom. I lock myself into a stall and sob my eyes out, tracing my scars.

The bathroom door slams open. I hear moaning and kissing. I peak through the crack in the stall door. I see them. Calum and Cassidy. I immediantly cover my mouth and wipe away my tears. I get on my hands and knees and start crawling underneath the stall door. I close my eyes, hoping to see nothing, and bump into something. I open my eyes and look up. It was Calum's leg.

"Check it out Cal, the slut is back in
school." Cassidy says. "Bring it down Cass, just let her out of the bathroom, this is awkward." Calum replies back to her. She opens her mouth to speak, but then closes it. Ovbiously frustrated with him. She starts to speak. "Don't be such a pussy. Do something about her! I'll blow you." He looks at her, then at me. Giving me a pitiful look.  I give him a look, pleading him not to do this. He starts kicking me in my stomach. Cassidy is laughing. When he is done I start running. I hear his footsteps out behind me.  Cling cling. I ignore the sound and run home.

•••

I get home. I'm all alone. I trace over my most previous scars. I decide to burn that note those girls gave me. I go to retrieve it from my backpack. But it isn't there. I open all the zippers and flip my backpack upside down. Im shaking it. The note isn't there. Then I notice something else is missing.

My blade. My blade was the the clinging sound in the hall with Calum.

Fuck.