Part 2

May's P.O.V

I turn on my side. I look at my alarm clock. 12:46 am. I hear a buzz. I look at my phone. Probabaly just another Instagram comment telling me to kill myself. Don't worry, I'm trying. I think to myself.

It's a text. Who the hell could be texting me? I only have one contact number, and it is my mom.

I read it.

From: Random Number
To: Me

Open the door.

From: Me
To: Random Number

Who is this?!?!

From: Random Number
To: Me

Open the door and you'll find out.

Being the idiot girl I am, I decide to run downstairs and open the door. Realizing there are at least 20 windows in this house I could have looked out of. I look up from the floor and see who it is,completely shocked.

It's a crying Calum Hood.

"What the fuck?" I say to him. He pulls something out of his pocket, wincing. I look at his hand to notice it is bleeding. I then realize what is in his hand.

My blade.

"Why the fuck do you have this?" He asks me. "I don't have it, you do." I say, immediatly feeling ashamed. "You know what I mean." He scolds me. I notice his words slurring. Great, he's drunk. "Can I.come in?" He asks me. I think about this, realizing my mom is just upstairs.

"Tell you what, I'll let you in if you can tell me my name." I tell him, thinking since he is drunk he probably won't remember. Not that he would know it sober. "You don't know your own name? Come on silly, are you really that messed up?" Ouch, that stung. "Just tell me my name Calum." He looks at me, seeming somewhat confused.

Having no patience, I start to close the door, getting tired of his bullshit. "May." He says. I open the door enough for my head to poke out. "Now let me in." He says, not even waiting for me to fully open the door. Walking in himself, strutting like he has something to prove. He plops down on the couch and pats the spot next to him.

I roll my eyes. "Don't forget, this is still my house." He nods his head. I then whisper to him as I sit next to him. "And my mom is still upstairs." He puts his hands over his mouth, as if he were in shock.

"I like that name. May. Like the boat. I'm going to call you flower, after the boat Mayflower. Is that okay?" I just nod my head. "I don't want you to be doing this." He tells me as he raises up the blade.

"What do care? Just this morning, you-you-you gave me beating." I whisper, for the first time, staring into his captivating brown eyes. "I do care, and I truly am sorry. I want to help you, I want to be your friend." I was dumbfounded by his words. No one ever wanted to be my friend.

I usually didn't trust people, but for once in my life. I was getting a good feeling. "Okay." Was all I could mutter out. I laid.down and put my head in his lap. He then started playing with my hair.

I was half asleep. I knew I shouldn't fall alseep in his lap, but I couldn't help it. I felt him staring at me. "I know your asleep. But I have to say it. I love you. I love you so fucking much May Rose. I never want anything to hurt you." He then kissed my scars.

I couldn't believe it. I didn't believe it. He was drunk, he had no idea what he was talking about. I then drifted off to sleep.

•••

I woke up in my bed. I felt two pairs of arms snaked around my waist. I turn around to see Calum. I nudge him awake. He half opens his eyes. "Hm?" He groans. "Wake up." He sits up and opens his eyes. Then he stands up and starts pacing. "I am so, so sorry. I didn't mean to sleep with you. Wait no. You know what I meant."

I giggle. "It is fine Calum." He smiles. "Call me Cal." He says to me. I nod. "Um, I'm gonna hop in the shower. Hang out here.kay?" "Sure." He replies. I turn to walk to the bathroom. "Save my contact!" He yells. "You too!" I yell back to reply.

I stop and turn around. "Do you remember anything else you might have said while I was falling asleep, or anything at all for that matter?" I ask him. "All I remember is us agreeing to be friends then you falling asleep and bringing us to your room." "Oh ok." Is all I managed to say. I spin on my heel and start walking.

I swear I heard him mutter something. All I could make out was "Flower."