Part 3

May's P.O.V

I step out of the bathroom. I dry my hair and wrap a towel around my wet body. I wipe the fog off of my mirror and look at myself. "Your so ugly." I whispered to myself. I sigh and open the door to find Calum with his ear to the door. Shit.

"You are far from ugly May." He says to me, bringing me in for a hug. Ws stand there for five minutes as I soak his shirt with my tears. He pets my head. "Everything will be alright. I'm here. Sh. It's ok." He says to me.

I let go and wipe away my tears. I smile up at him. "Call me Flower." I say. He nods his head, his lips forming into a smile.

"Stay here. I'm going to check to see if my mom is downstairs." His eyes pop out of his head, as if to say he forgot my mom lived here too.

I walk downstairs to see a note sitting on the counter. I go to read it.

Got called into work early. I trust you to make the right choices, you know what I mean.

Xox Momma

I stare at the paper for a long time. Calum comes up to me and I feel his eyes reading the small note my mother left for me. I feel his arms snake around me, toy expecting a hug. Instead a get ten finger fulls of tickles. I giggle so hard I think my lips fell off.

He eventually stops. He snatches the not from my hand and helplesssly looks for the garbage. I take a seat at the island centered in the middle of the kitchen and watch him for a few more seconds. He's opening cabinets. He then opens a cabinet and comes up with a handfull of notes.

"What are these?" Be starts reading the names labeled on each one. "Mom, Dad, Sissy, Bobo, and C-c-calum." He opens the one with his name on it and I immediatly snatch it from his hand. Not wanting him to read anymore.

Tears start gleaming down his face. "What was that?" He questions me, sobbing his eyes out. My eyes start to trickle water droplets. You would think we would be fresh out of tears. "Let's move on, I don't want this conversation now." He stares at me for a few seconds, the nods his head.

"Pantry." I said to him. His face gleams at me with a look of confusion. "The garbage is in the pantry." He walks over to the pantry and I desperatly stuff the notes back into the cabinet.

•••

The bell rings. God, how long have I been holding in my pee? I quickly run out of my third period class and into the bathroom. I run into her. Cassidy. She walks up to me. "Well, well, well. Look who crawled out of the sewer this morning!" She rudely says to me. "Cassi-" she cut me off. "Look here bitch. Calum is mine. I know he spent the night at your house last night."

How did she know? "Cassidy, I promise nothing happened!" I say to reassure her. "Oh I know, he would never sleep with anyone as stupid and ugly as you are." I was bawfled by her words.

Next thing I know I'm on the floor getting kicked in the back by the tip of her stilleto high heels. She stops and jams the heel of it into my stomach.

She turns to walk out then turns to say something to me. "If you tell anhone about this, there will be more pain served,I assure you. And you will also be cutting off any communication with Calum." She then finall walks out.

Suddenly I no longer have to pee.

•••

I am in the middle of fifth period when my phone's screen lights up with a text. it can only be one of two people, I can only guess who it is.

Calum.

From: Cal
To: Me

Hey, I have a surprise planned. I'll meet you at your locker for lunch, you don't need anything, just yourself. :-P

I ignore it. I can't risk Cassidy again. Who knows what she'll do. Calum can live without me. The bell rings for lunch.

I run to my locker to quickly put away my stuff. I turn to run away and hide but I bump into someone.

Calum.

"Where ya goin'? I texted you." He says to me, I immediatly feel guilty. "We can't hang out." I mumble to him. "What are you talking about?" I see his eyes start to water up. "Go away." I say under my breath. "But Flower." He pleaded to me. "GO AWAY!" I shout.

Be turns on his heel and walks down the hall. I see Cassidy smirking out of the corner of my eye. I stand in that spot until everyone is out of the hallway. When everyone was at lunch I slid down my locker and cried.

I heard footsteps coming down the hall. I peak to see who it is through my fingers.

"I thought I told you to go away, what are.you doing here." I say it more of a statement than a question. "I waited around the corner till everyone was at lunch." I just start crying again. He picks me up bridal style and carries me outside.

We arrive at a tree. He pulls out a blanket and lays it on the ground. Then pulls a basket of a branch and starts pulling food out. I just stand there staring at him. He looks up at me. "Aren't you gonna eat?" I shake my head and plop down next to him. "Why can't we hang out anymore Flower?"

I stare into his chocolate brown orbs. His eyes are beautiful. "She kicked me and told me to stay away." I tell him. I start tk cry.

"Who's she?" He asks me. Through my cries I manage to say her name. "Cassidy." He looks at me with hurt in his eyes. He kisses my forehead and lays my head on his lap. Dozens of thoughts crawl into my head as he plays with my chestnut hair. If I fell in love with this boy, it would be the end of me.

But I think I already did. To bad he doesn't feel the same, he never will.