Part 6

Calum's POV

BRING BRING. I hear my phone go off. Its a text. I can barely make out what it was from all my tears. I hear a knock on my bedroom door.

"Come in." I yell, my voice cracking because I've been crying so much. My door creaks open to find my three best friends and, well I don't really know what to call May.

"Read this for me." I say, referring to my phone. Michael walks up to me and grabs my phone out I'd my hand.

"Please, just come to my house real quick. Just one last goodbye." He reads to me. He doesn't even need to say who from.

But something sticks in my head. One last goodbye. I immediately jump up and run to my car. I snatch my keys on the little plate right besides the door and get in my car.

I drive to her house, afraid that I may be to late.

•••

I walk in. "Cassy?" I yell. No response.

I walk upstairs and check her room. Nothing.

I walk into her bathroom.
Nothing.

I then hear a knock coming from the other side of the bathroom wall. Her closet.

I open her closet door and see her.

Her lifeless body, hanging on a rope by her neck. I look down to see what had fallen. It was a jewelry box engraved with our initials and a heart in it.

On the shelf above where the jewelry box had fallen was a box. A box filled with every picture, gift, card. Anything with a sentimental value to us.

Every single memory.

I see a note, dangling in her hand. I gently unfold it and begin to read it, tears streaming down my face.

I am so sorry Calum, I don't know why I did that. I felt you slipping through my fingertips, just to be wrapped around her finger, someone better than me. It wasn't just us breaking up. I had already been going through a lot and was afraid if I told you, you would leave me. My mom used to abuse me, that's why I live with my grandma now. My grandma was just diagnosed with cancer and had to live in a nursing home. My mom was let out of jail about a year and a half before this happened and they though it was okay for me to go back to her. She once again becoming my legal guradian. This happened two months ago. That's why we haven't gone to my place in so long. My mom went back to old habits. Mentally and physically abusing me. She started to date a guy and he started touching me. Ways I only let you touch me. I love you. It may not look like I do, or I just used you, or something. But I do love you. I just didn't think you love me. Turns out you did, but you also love her. I don't deserve you. You will never know how much I love and care for you. I value your life more than mine. You go after her. Please tell my grandma I love her, and go visit my father and tell him I'm on my way. I love you with all my heart. Goodbye. Xox -CassieBear

I dial 911 on my phone. "Hello?" I hear the lady say. I just say Cassidy's address and hang up. I go to my first stop.

•••

I arrive to the closet nursing home to her grandma's house.

I walk up to the front desk. "Is there a Mrs. Gold here?" I ask, my eyes puffy. The lady cracks a smile. "Second room to the left." I nod my head and walk down. I see Gammi Gold laying in her bed watching an old black and white show I don't know.

"Calum!" She smiles, lookin behind me. "Where's Cassie? Whats wrong, why have you been crying my dear?" I just look at her. I take her hand in mine and kneel down beside her bed.

"She hung herself."

Her face just focused on mine and then I see the tears start gleaming down her face. "She wanted to tell me she loves you." She just nods her head.

I hug her and kiss her cheek, walking out of the room.

"One down, two to go." I whisper to myself while buckling my seatbelt.

•••

I remember this old abandoned house Cassidy used to take me too.

Flashback

"Come on." Cassidy says to me. I chuckle. "Where are we?" I ask her. I used to live here with my mom before she had to go ja- Jamaica. She went to Jamaica to help children in need. I nod my head. We both crack each other smiles and both start laughing.

End of flashback

I feel my eyes burning from all the sobbing I've been doing.

I drive to the house, hoping her mom lives there again. I pull up in the driveway and walk up to the door. I ring the doorbell but no answer.

I notice the door is slightly open so I walk in. I previously lost all fucks when I found my girlfriend hanging dead in her closet. Well ex-girlfriend I guess.

I go around looking for her mother. I find a room with a picture of a selfie of her on my back on a bedside table. Must be Cassidy's room.

I hear moaning. I walk into the kitchen to find a woman, maybe mid 30s making out with a guy who looks maybe early 30s. They both look at me.

"Who the hell are you?" The guy asks me. "You look like the guy in picture hung in Cassidy's room." The guy gets mad and walks over to me, he raises his clenched hand but I get to him first. I knock him to the ground.

"That's for touching her you fucking perv." Then I look at her mom. "She killed herself because of you two. You'll be hearing from my lawyer."

I walk out and hear her mom screaming behind me. I just hop in my car and drive to the next place.

•••

I arrive at the cemetery. I walk up to Cassidy's dad's grave. I sit with my legs crossed at it. I start lightly crying again.

"I'm sorry sir, I couldn't protect her. I feel partially at blame. She wanted me to tell you she'll see you soon. I am so sorry."

It starts raining so I start walking to my car.

I sit down and punch the steering wheel and start sobbing.

I just sit there, not wanting to go anywhere anytime soon.