Chapter 9: The Date

Adriana's POV:

Crystal was just finished getting me ready for the date when the doorbell rang. It was 6:45 and Shawn was early. Crystal ran to the door. When she opened it Shawn wasn't standing there, Kian was. Thank god because I still had to pick the right purse to match my outfit.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Crystal's POV:

I ran to the door quickly so that they wouldn't be waiting for a long time. When I opened it I expected Shawn to be standing there, instead of seeing Shawn I saw Kian. "Hey!" Kian started. "Hi, come in." I finished. I closed the door and Kian sat at the kitchen counter. "Do you want something to drink?" I asked. "Sure, do have any beers?" Kian asked kiddingly. Because I thought he was being serious I pulled out a beer and handed it to him. He took it with a surprised look on his face, and asked for a bottle opener. I pulled open a droor and handed him the bottle opener. Then Adriana ran downstairs and asked, "Can I borrow a black purse?" "Yeah. Let me go grab it." I replied. I ran up to my room and pulled out a black hand purse from out of a box. I would normally use a big purse but Adri only carries her phone and cash. And I carry everything in my house with me. LOL When I came down the doorbell rang and Adri went to answer it. "Shawn your here." I heard Adri say. "Yeah. Why wouldn't I be?" Shawn replied awkwardly. "I don't know? Lol." Adriana finished. Then she invited him in while she went to the bathroom. "Hey Crys." Shawn greeted. "Hey Shawny." I replied. He gave me a bear hug, he and I were best friends growing up. *Ring-Ring* my phone rang. "Hello" I answered. "Hey babe, I miss you." Jack said from the phone. "Hi! Omg I've been waiting for your call for like an hour!" I replied. "Well I finally called!" He added. "So what are you up to?" I asked. "Oh sorry babe, I'm really busy, I got to go." Jack said as he hung up. "Oh." I tried to finish. "Is everything okay?" Asked Kian. "Yeah, it's just that Jack got busy." I finished. "Oh" Kian answered. "Okay I'm ready!" Adriana started. "Okay great!" Shawn finished. They said goodbye and left to go on their date. "So Crystal? Do you want to go on a date?" Kian asked.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Adriana's POV:

Shawn came over right on time. I asked him to come in while I went to the bathroom. When I cam out I said, "Okay I'm ready!" Then Shawn replied, "Okay great!" Then we said bye to Crystal and Kian and left. We got in his car and I asked him where we were going. He said that it was a surprise. We pulled up to a taco truck by the 7Eleven. "Nothing to fancy, but they have really good food." Shawn told me. "How did you know that this is my favorite food truck?" I asked in amazement. "Lucky guess, and I looked through your Instagram posts a little bit." Shawn said embarrassed. That's so cute that he did that for me! We ordered the tacos and sat down at the table. "You look really pretty!" Shawn blurted. "Thanks, you look nice too." I responded. We ate our food and got back into the car. "Where are we going now?" I asked excitedly. "Well do you want me to tell you?" He said sarcastically. "Um, no." I replied. Then we turned up the radio and Stitches started playing! We started to sing the lyrics: "I thought that I've been hurt before." "But no ones ever left me quite this sore!" Then we pulled into the pier. I got so excited! "Do you want to go on the faris wheel fist of the bumper cars?" Shawn asked. "The bumper cars!" I said competitively. "Cool! You know I'm gonna beat you right?" Shawn said cockily. "That's what you think!" I shouted back at him. We rode the number cars 5 times, and I beat him everytime! Then after the bumper cars, we got a churro to share. Then we went on the faris wheel! It was such a pretty view! I took a picture and put it on Instagram, with the caption: "With him on this beautiful night.❤️" I didn't tag him because I didn't know if he wanted to go public with his relationship yet so yeah. We pulled up to Crystal's driveway and he kissed me on the cheek and I got out of the car. "See you later." I said. "See you around." Shawn responded. Then I walked inside to find Crystal screaming.