Lisa

Shane

October. My favorite month of the year. Crisp and colorful leaves crunch under my feet and dew sparkles on bushes like little diamonds. Wind caresses my face while I walk but bites when I run or ride my bicycle. Busy streets filled with people rushing to get to work, cars honking to get past traffic. Dawn peaking through the horizon in the bay. Always my favorite time to go out and run.

I am pretty good at keeping myself fit. At one point I wasn't but I'm not going to ramble on about that. I normally don't go out running in the morning but today was an exception. I woke up early and was buzzing with energy, so why not kill some time? When I came home, it was still dark and quiet. I guess Lisa has not woken up yet.

Carefully I go into our room and snatch a towel that was hanging from the chair of our desk. Our house isn't new, but we have not been living there for a long time either. It's a modern type of home, all white from the outside with brown rims and doors. Two garages: one for my car, and one for Lisa's. Also included is a spectacular view of San Francisco and the Pacific ocean. You can see the calmness of the city during daytime and the twinkling lights of buildings at night time. Very breathtaking.

I strip off my clothes and get in the shower and surrender to the lukewarm water cascading down my body, relaxing me. As the droplets hit my skin, steam goes off. I think I might have taken a little nap in here because the next thing I know, I hear a soft knocking that startles me. Lisa must be awake.

"Hey, honey, may I come in?" She asked in her raspy voice. I barely made out what she was saying because of the shower.

"Go ahead babe," I told her and she slowly peeked her head inside, then came all the way in.

"Good, I can't see you," she pointed out and giggled. The steam blurred the shower doors making it hard to look through them.

Even in the morning, Lisa was beautiful. She had strawberry blonde with strands of milk chocolate hair that covered all the way until mid way her back, her tips curling up slightly, which complimented her round face and popped out her solid blue eyes that reminded me of sapphire diamonds. She was very short compared to me, at least one foot shorter than I was. At the moment, she was wearing a short, silk nightgown that came down to the knees, hugging her at the waist and flowing down from there. Her skin soft and pale, due to the chilly days and lack of sun. Flawless.

We have been together for almost two years with almost no problems at all. Have been the happiest years of my life. She is my little angel who brought me back to the light right before I was permanently sucked into darkness. I thank her for that. Since then my life has been on track. Yes there were a few obstacles here and there, but not anything I could not handle.

I wrap up my shower and cover the bottom half of my body. Lisa was brushing her teeth and cleaning her face, all that feminine stuff. She spit out toothpaste onto the sink and asked me what I wanted to eat.

"Anything baby," I told her. She smiled at that and I went up to her and kissed her on her forehead, since her mouth was covered in toothpaste suds.

It's Saturday today and I plan on spending time with my love and later go out to downtown or something with the rest of our friends. I am mostly dedicating this day towards just me and Lisa but I am also really excited to hang with our gang. Especially Joey, my best friend of maybe four years now. Him and I together are like two parrots who never shut up. We always are cracking jokes and making everyone around us burst out laughing to the verge of crying. Being around him relaxes me and distracts me from life a while. I can act like a teenager with raging hormones and not care about absolutely anything. Just like we can have fun together, I can have meaningful conversations with him. Every once in a while, we have to have some bro time and talk about events in our lives or simply just share out our feelings. I can do that with Lisa, but I feel like Joey understands me better than she does.